New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left my cam in the woods for a week and the night it was left out it stormed and a branch fell and blocked my view so I came back to 500 pictures or more of a leaf..... I set it back up, set up a mock scrape..and starting that evening I had these boys come through.. can anyone guess the age/weight of the first one? His neck is swollen! There is 4 bucks total and 1 doe in the 4 days I left it there.

MFDC0846.jpg

MFDC0847.jpg

MFDC0773.jpg

MFDC0812.jpg

·
Registered
426 Posts
....nice images....my Code Blue Scent Dispensers and the Doe in Estrus Urine from this sight (Joe from PA)...which brought these in for you?

Anthony:)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
....nice images....my Code Blue Scent Dispensers and the Doe in Estrus Urine from this sight (Joe from PA)...which brought these in for you?

No, I bought the magnum dripper and Gold active scrape. I also use tinks doe in estrous but not yet.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
8 am! Get out there! >160<200. 3.5 years old.

Oh I will be out there! This is only my second season hunting and I have yet to get a buck. I've seen some spikes but that's all from the stand.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
I put some of Palawan's estrous in an old scrape near my stand yesterday and freshened it up on my way into stand this am. Well at 9:15 a 1.5 yr old 6 pt came by and put on quite a show, he tore the ground up and was working the overhead branch real hard, he was even standing on his hind legs to reach an upper branch and wrapped his antlers in it and was working it like crazy. Best deer show in town, passed on him, looking for something bigger here in NYS.

·
Registered
263 Posts
pics 1,2,3 are the same buck. and a nice one at that. I would guess him to be a big 3.5 yr old and about 160lbs. the time is now, he is revisiting the site. but he also knows he is getting his picture taken now (pic 2-3) good luck

·
Registered
9,872 Posts
Dont need scent. Clear out a spot with an overhanging branch and piss in it. I made 2 the other day and had deer in both of them in less than 24 hrs

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
I just pissed out of my stand how long does It take for the buck to get here?
Took him about 3 minutes this morning. I pissed out of the stand, and when I was done through a grunt out there for good measure. Had a 4 pointer come in within 3 minutes, and a spike after him. Was the second time I pissed from the stand that hunt. Those two and a doe all passed down wind, never spooked either, just went on their way. No special scent killer clothes either, I was high up in the tree and they were within 15 yards so I'm guessing my scent went over them. The stuff on the ground, not so much.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's funny to hear what works for some and doesn't work for others. I've heard mixed reviews on pissing out of the stand. It's something I'm willing to try if the timing is right [up]. I've heard of people chewing, smoking and drinking coffee in their stands with no issue. I guess it comes down to what the deer are use to smelling and how well you play the wind.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I pissed my pants while typing this and looked what just crashed through the wall[eek] View attachment 25915
I just pissed my pants after seeing what luck it brought you but nothing happened. I should have turned off my Ozonics first [rofl]

Reactions: osod20ga

·
Registered
426 Posts
...I would "shat" a landing strip if that came through my wall...now I will probably dream about this tonight!

Reactions: osod20ga
1 - 17 of 17 Posts