New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use Mitchell's Custom Cuts, he's located in North Haldon just off Rt.208 and Goffel Road, Drop off anytime and most of the time get your deer back same day or the next. 973-423-3874

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing I didn't like about Mitchell was back in December 2003, I took a NJ bear, I give him alot of business, my friend Scott is very good friends with him, my taxidermist and him work together as far recommending each other. Anyway, I called him, and told me NO more bears they are to hard to skin and takes to long. My taxidermist did it for me, and Mitchell then cut it up

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just picked up my deer from MITCHELLS, buckfever took the ride with me. While putting the meet into the freezer, I just had to do it, so I turned the grill on, and thru a nice deer steak on it, MMMMMM YUMMY !!!!!:D:p[up]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they dont need one because they cut it the same day
thats correct, I always get my deer the same day, I dropped mine off about 9:30 this morning, and he called me at 4:30 to let me know it's ready, I picked it up at 6:30

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new to hunting. Is it ok to have the meat butchered immediatly after the kill, then store the meat in the fridge for a few days, or is it better to leave the deer intact for a week before quartering it?

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
or is it better to leave the deer intact for a week before quartering it?
wow. this thread is from 2005..[ko]

I like hanging them whole before butchering..

·
Registered
2 Posts
haha! I knew I would get some crap for that. Thanks for the advise though. Only asked the question because I have no place to store the meat (other than my fridge) and it's too warm to hang in the shed now.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Just hang over night then butcher it. As long as the rigor is out it's ok to butcher. If you want you can quarter it and put the pcs in the fridge and butcher at your leisure. It's cool enough to hang over night.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I butcher mine the day I shoot them. (Rough cut) Let the meat age in the fridge for 5-7 days. Then final cut and wrap after that time.[up]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts