New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo. I purchased a used rifle the other day, and was talking to the guys working there while I was doing the paperwork. Since I wasn't paying close attention, I wrote the wrong address on the 4473 form and on the NJ form. I moved last month, and I just wasn't paying attention. The problem is, I didn't realize this until I got home. What should I do?

And yes, I know that this was DUMB mistake on my part.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
welcome.the dealer should have caught the mistake unless you hadn't yet changed your DL and NJFID.call NJSP or ATF w/ your question,the 4473 is a federal form.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The DL had the old address. As soon as I realized the mistake, I emailed the store (they were already closed for the weekend). I'm assuming I'll hear back from them pretty soon.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I'm not a lawyer so take this with a grain of salt, but if your address is the same on the DL and NJFID you should be in the clear... but you need to do a change of address on both ASAP.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have since taken care of the DL and I'm going to my local PD today for the NJFID change of address forms.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
I have since taken care of the DL and I'm going to my local PD today for the NJFID change of address forms.
See you in 3 months[sad]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoke to the store. I'm returning it tomorrow, and they'll hold it until I get all the forms updated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts