New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, yesterday I missed a jake at ten yards as I wrote. So, today I went out with my buddy in hopes of arrowing a nice tom. After hitting three spots and getting busted in two we ended up calling in two jakes but no long beard at the third spot. Well, after hunting hard with my bow and wanting to get a turkey kill on film. I decided one of these two jakes was going to be going home with me today.

Both birds came in gobbling and when they saw the decoys they approached carefully since B-mobile spooked them a bit. Once I had the okay from my buddy and cameraman. I placed my pin on one of the birds and let my Taliban arrow fly and this time I shot straight!

The bird went right down and then tried to go five yards but it was over. The other bird then went over to peck and beat the hell out of his dead buddy. It was raining so I did not take great photos but the photos below are from the film I took of them. I am happy and even though it was a jake after hunting these birds hard, I finially got one down and he will taste real good with some pasta[tasty]
Here are the two birds as they came in

Here is the one I shot before he took the Taliban arrow

Here I am with the bird who at this point was wet and beat up form his buddy

Will be out again next week looking for a long beard. Wish all those that are still after the Thunder Chickens the best of luck[up][up]

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Will great Job way to come back..!![up][up]

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
[smoke][up]

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Great come back Will [up][up][up]
And this season, with the way the birds have been acting, a jake IS a trophy !!!
Congratulations on YOUR trophy [up][up][up]

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
[up][up] Job well done !! Hope you picked up another tag when you checked the bird. Still 6 days left to get another!!

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the congrats and and [up]'s. I have another tag but it is my turn to run the camera for my buddy. But I am confident that he will nail one and then I am up to bat again.

I might, might trade my bow in for the smole pole. It is fun hitting them with some number 5:D

Again, thanks on my jake, man I am proud of him:)

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
Congrats Will[up] turkeys are so much fun and if your not missing a shot here and there your not hunting:) To have them come looking for you is a hoot[up][up]

·
Registered
804 Posts
CONGRATS[up] There's nothing wrong with shooting a jake, especially with a bow. That fan on your decoy looks like it's seen better days.[rofl] but now you have a replacement.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts