New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Mini-14 Target version. It throws brass like Mariano Rivera. When at Ft. Dix's Range 14, the people at the next station get my brass dancing across their table. Makes them a little cranky when they take a hot one behind the left ear when they've got their next shot about lined up. It's OK when it's one of those loud-mouthed know-it-all types next to you, but when nice people are trying to shoot...

Does anybody know if I can make an adjustment without affecting ejection reliability?

Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Air gun

·
Registered
12,709 Posts
How bout just set your range bag on the table to block the brass from going over to the next table. Someone is not going to take kindly to being hit by hot 223 rounds some day. And instead of picking up brass your going to be picking up your Chiclets. [hihi]

·
Registered
149 Posts
They make a smaller gas port the not only will slow down the flying brass but will slow down the abuse the gun takes. I'll try to find the link.
There are replaceable gas bushings, and there is an adjustable gas block. The new bushings require the existing gas block to be taken apart several times until you find the one your gun and ammoe like. The adjustable gas block you replace it once and fiddle with the knob until you find what your gun and ammoe likes.

Ruger Mini 14 30 Adjustable Non-Adjustable Gas Block Tunable Blocks Accuracy Systems Inc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.