New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is away for 10 days so I won't be able to get in the woods at sun up. Got to bring my daughter to school.I plan on Hunting a couple days from 9AM till 1:30 PM.Anyone been in the woods during this time seeing much Deer movement?

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I've seen deer up to ~ 10ish. And then the most recently saw a doe at 2:30pm. But not usually.

David

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Most the big bucks Ive seen, shot, or missed have come between 10 and 2.

Right now is a little warm for midday hunting though. The deer are still out there, but if its hot, they wont be moving. Your best bet for midday would be either near a water source, or somewhere the other hunters will push them when they come in or out of the woods.

Plus, like BHC said; "Anytime in the woods is great!"[up]

Good luck JR--Matt

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
i see a lot of deep woods deer while pheasant hunting mid day at whittingham...anyway, its great to get out in the woods at any time! [up]

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Plus, like BHC said; "Anytime in the woods is great!"

Your right, thats why I;m gettin out there. You know I can only shoot a Doe,so I will probably see a monster Buck.Guess I'll have to shoot him with my Camera. Goin out Thursday.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Time in the woods is precious so enjoy but I found that late Sept--mid Oct is generally quiet from 9--2pm. Once it gets a little cooler and the rut nears any time can be magic. Use the time to scout as well as hunt if you can! Heck--I am stuck in an office in NYC so enjoy..

·
Registered
942 Posts
Any chance I get I'm out there ....I have a nice summit I can sit in all day if I have too. As long as I make a number two before I leave..[up]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts