New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it me or does this guy just look like a real POS?

FREEHOLD — The trial of a Marlboro man accused of the 2007 hit-and-run death of Freehold Township woman took a turn straight out of an episode of a "CSI" crime drama when a State Police forensic scientist testified Wednesday that evidence found on the man's vehicle was made up of the same properties and chemical compositions as items found on the woman's motorcycle.

John Lombardo Jr., 36, is accused of the 2007 hit-and-run death of Theresa Kling. Shortly after the crash at the intersection of Routes 537 and 527 was reported to Freehold Township police, Lombardo was found with his pickup truck disabled with a shredded tire two miles south of the crash scene along the southbound lane of Route 527.
Kling was run over by a vehicle as her fiance, Michael Crowell of Freehold Township, was riding on a motorcycle behind her.
Kling suffered multiple injuries in the crash, which happened shortly after 1 a.m. June 3, 2007. She was transported to Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune, where she died about 22 hours later.
Lombardo has denied involvement in the crash that took Kling's life.
The trial continued its fourth day of testimony Wednesday with more witnesses for the prosecution.
The day ended with testimony from Michael Kennedy, a forensic scientist with the State Police forensics lab in Hamilton, who explained how he used an infrared spectrometer and electron microscope to compare a small chromed fragment found embedded in the plastic air dam located under the front bumper of Lombardo's pickup truck against fragments collected at the scene of the crash believed to have come off Kling's motorcycle.
Kennedy said he determined the embedded chromed fragment and a piece of the end cap from the handlebars on Kling's motorcycle shared the same chemical composition.
"They're the same material," Kennedy said.
He explained how the items were both made of the same base plastic materials covered by the same layer of copper covered by the same "chromed" layer of chromium and nickel.

Each time Kennedy spoke about the composition of the items and its layers, he referred to a chart of a zigzag line that he said represented the elements of each
piece he tested.

Then he showed an overlay of those zigzags for each piece to explain how they matched up against each other.
"They are physically and chemically comparable," Kennedy said. "They are the same."
Monmouth County Assistant Prosecutor William Somers then turned his questioning of Kennedy toward a scratch that was discovered on that same plastic air dam from Lombardo's pickup truck.
Kennedy said when he closely examined the scratch, he discovered material inside the groove of it.
Kennedy repeated his tests with the infrared spectrometer and electron microscope to determine that the material matched fragments of Plexiglas collected by police at the crash scene.
But he told the jury he wanted to be able to link the material directly to the motorcycle, so he asked investigators to pull off the remnants of the windshield of Kling's motorcycle. After testing the windshield, Kennedy determined all the material matched.
Somers asked Kennedy if the Plexiglas materials were something commonly found in automobiles.
Kennedy answered, "No," but followed up by saying Plexiglas is commonly used in motorcycle windshields.
The trial is expected to resume this morning with more testimony from Kennedy and cross-examination from defense attorney Peter O'Mara.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
is it me or does this guy just look like a real POS?
not just you...he is a POS [wallmad][wallmad]

·
Registered
21,477 Posts

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know her fiance Mike. He owns the pizza place called Primevera thats at that intersection where the accident happened. He is a really nice guy. I hope this guy goes to jail for life.
ya they went to mc donalds and then took was going to take a ride past the pizzeria to make sure the lights were out. I cant imagine watching a loved one die like that. That is the reason I would NEVER get a bike in this state.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.