New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
allaire state park
You know when something is out of place and you know its wrong, well I got that feeling today...Innocent until proven guilty and I cant prove this guys the thief but why would a guy walk into the woods with no known path and go right for where my camera was stolen......

40 45 years old man big beer gut riding a yellow bike with an old school book rack on the back, wearing jeans, a long sleve blue shirt and work boots.

he had no reason to be there, I said hi after watching him for a few minutes asked him about my stolen camera, he had no response got on his bike and left...

the guy was off by appearence....on the good side its not a hunter stealing from a hunter.....it was a scavenger stealing from a hunter

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
You shoulda keep your presence unknown for a little longer then maybe you would've caught him red handed trying to do something. Also, I would have snapped a camera phone pic them followed him a bit to see what else he was up to and where he came from.

Once you catch em in the act you gotta expose them to the public for all to see and shame and humiliate the sh!t out of them.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
i hope that deters him from going back! now that he knows your on to him and asking questions maybe he will stay the hell away.

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Should have grilled him with questions.

.on the good side its not a hunter stealing from a hunter....
Unfortunately 99% of the time, I wouldn't call them hunters, its the people we share this sport with.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Body language is usually good indicator if he's up to no good. If he had nothing to hide then he shoulda at the very least responded to you. If your stuff was well hidden off the beaten path then , odds are he retured to the scene of the crime to look for more. Was he a bonified crackhead or just some local scoundrel looking to rob your gear ? I would def make a police and F&G report because it will help your chances of recovering your stuff if this scumbag is ever caught red handed.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
chef was your camera in a spot close to a run or bike path?
no at least 150 yards from anything...

and i tried the camera phone thing it looks like sasquash

it was about 430
should have busted his knees with a louisville!
a. I didnt have a bat
b. This guy was off something wrong mentally, just a gut feeling but i trust them

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Too bad his bike didn't disappear[hihi][hihi]

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
My cousin had the whole box cable and lock. Someone came back after trying to cut the cable, mangled the box, cut the lock, and got the camera out.

Great thing is he found it laying ten yards from the side of the road. Why they dropped it there who knows.

Funny thing, opening morning, hes in his stand and a SEVEN O'CLOCK a guy pulls over. Slamming all his doors and cap. Nocks an arrow and begins to "stalk" directly to my cousins baitpile where the camera was taken from. He scared the crap out of him when he let him know he was there.

He took a pic of the truck and the tag, I had my buddy run the tag and i know who the guy is so if something happens again.

The truck is registered in Brigatine ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts