New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not
what a jerk.
getting ready to walk in this morning and a truck pulls up this guy gets out of the truck and starts grabbing all of his gear in a mad rush. he walks passed me and my father as we are standing at the trail head and this is how the conversation went.
me: morning how you doing
him: ok
me: where are you heading to the left or the right.
him: right side
me: how far?
him: not far and you know someone stole all of my tacks out of the trees and I am pissed I am going to fix who ever did it and I will have a suprise for them.
me: I havent noticed any new tacks in any trees where I go.then he cuts me off
him: thats because someone pulled them all out and if I find out who did it I am going to fix them.
me: well ok good luck.

then he storms off like a mad man. I had no clue who this guy was and I figure since we are hunting the same area I would talk to him and be friendly oh well.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Waahh! now i have to actually start scouting so i can find my stand in the dark![hihi]

·
Registered
888 Posts
Funny. I rarely use tacks and if I do they are few and far between. Otherwise your just leading people to your setups. I manage to hunt our KY property and find trees just fine with a single tack or none at all. Learn some woodsmanship people!...lol

·
Registered
15,483 Posts
how is that guy a dirtbag? taking someones tacs or the ribbons they leave to find their way to their stands is still messing with other peoples stuff, he had every right to be pissed,, so the dirtbag is whoever took them,,,

·
Registered
755 Posts
how is that guy a dirtbag? taking someones tacs or the ribbons they leave to find their way to their stands is still messing with other peoples stuff, he had every right to be pissed,, so the dirtbag is whoever took them,,,
sounds like public property to me? tacks, ribbons, etc... all just litter when left on public land unattended.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Maybe he should invest in a GPS.LOL Tacks thing of the past. I remember when I was a little guy I use to go **** hunting at night with my dad and uncle up at Clinton wma I use to move the tacks or take them. My mom threw my jacket in the wash didn't check the pockets tacks in side the wash machine tacks my pockets were full. Got them over a course of the seaon. Dam kids

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was just trying to be nice to the guy you never know when you might need a hand with something. Like if you get lost and need to find your way out.

·
Registered
17,902 Posts
Trappin Willie is the guy who steals stands because the hunters had it coming to them.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
sounds like public property to me? tacks, ribbons, etc... all just litter when left on public land unattended.
I shined the light heading to my stand one morning and the place looked like Time Square. Most were years old and just barely pieces left, yet shone real bright. After I found people following my tacks I bought a GPS and cleaned up my mess from many years and many trees. Must have been disapointing to some who relied on my set ups.[hihi]

·
Registered
15,483 Posts
im glad you used to take all the tacs when u were a kid,, so tell us what else do u take, have u progressed into tree stands and cameras, surely youve improved your game and have moved on to stealing bigger and better things,,, maybe its not the stealing, maybe it just gives you a jolt to know that someone got lost because of you,,

i had my 12 year old kid hunting with me today, he came to me and said,,:::look what i found:: and he had a tac in his hand, i explained what they were and he walked back to the tree and put it right back without me having to tell him too,,,

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Guess stands are litter too? [wallmad] The more tacks the better. It let's aholes know someone is hunting there and to look for another spot.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts