New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Meltzers in Garfield and they are selling their powder stock for 30% off. Not denying license to sell so all must go.
I got 6 packs of pyrodex pellets at 30% off

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
wish I lived closer

·
Registered
495 Posts
I just called, asked for the gun department, asked if they sold gunpowder and what types they had in stock and the lummox on the phone said; "we don't sell gunpowder." When I asked again i f he was sure he was pretty adamant and said said again; "we don't have any."

What gives?

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
was in their other day had like 4 guns on rack , a shame it used to be a good store
Never used to be like that.

PS - If they can't link the similarity between the two (I.E. Pyrodex & gunpowder) to the question, then it's no longer a good store.

Reactions: buckfever1974

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
30 years ago, I looked forward to taking a trip with my dad because it felt like a wall to wall real hunting shop. Remember the car rides over there chatting about hunting. Shame.

·
Registered
7,763 Posts
My father dealt with Izzy the owner, my first shotgun came from there. As a kid going there was like going to a real gun shop, where they had every gun you wanted and the staff knew everything about guns. I lived less then 2 miles away......................It's shameful how things change!!!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Bhc. I too bought my first shotgun there. I lived in the next town over and I loved going there. Izzy was a pip at the register. Nice man, good memories.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts