New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Daughter has a E36 (97 328) with a ton of miles, she came home from college and battery was dead, after jump starting she has ABS and traction control light on, is it a bad wheel speed sensor or low voltage issue? Lights stay on...

Help near Bridgewater NJ???

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I have seen them where the battery was low enough to shut the abs and traction control off. That in turns the lights on, If it is an older battery replace it and have the lights shut off and see if the lights come back on.Your best bet would be to take it to a mechanic where they can start running tests on the battery and charging system .have them also check the traction control and abs systems with a scanner.

To make you feel better with the abs and traction control off it does not make it dangerous to drive.it just shuts down those systems and they opperate as a car without those systems would act

·
Registered
22 Posts
when the battery goes dead you can get several codes due to low voltage clear all codes and see what one comes back on. always ck all the fuses .make sure there no dirt in the wheels ..ABS sensor..you can jack up vehicle spin tire ck voltage at sensor i think should be 4.8 volts .you could hunt down a flow chart for codes

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
Not true, u dont need BMW software to diag a wss. I have a repair shop in flemington and will hook u up if ur close, dead batteries also cause the bcm and pcm and various sensors to be relearned, if ur close leme know and I will take care of u.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not true, u dont need BMW software to diag a wss. I have a repair shop in flemington and will hook u up if ur close, dead batteries also cause the bcm and pcm and various sensors to be relearned, if ur close leme know and I will take care of u.

ok how are goin to scan abs system ? snap on ?
yes your right batteries also cause the bcm and pcm and various sensors

·
Banned
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks man..PM sent

·
Banned
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What color are the lights?

Try turning the steering wheel all the way left and all the way to the right.
Yellow..why? ABS anti-lock breaks and traction control light both on.

I checked battery, alternator, pulled a tire to look at wss and knew I was out of my league...checked fuses...all good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.