New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to lay off the deer huntin' today and took a ride up to my clubs lease to give the pup some exercise. We managed to knock down one hen bird and scare a couple of cottontails [mad]
It was a beautiful day in the woods...
Interesting side bar... there was a bear hunt protest right on Rt. 23 as I was driving up to the club. There were about 30 misinformed individuals protesting and trying to impose their views on anyone that would listen right where Canistear Rd. meets Rt. 23. Poor souls should have spent their Sat. afternoon improving the habitat for the bears or handing out bear proof garbage cans :D

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I was a little mad at him today... The last half hour I was in the thick stuff and he stayed on the trail [mad] I put the vest on him to protect his belly from the briars and so I can see the little bugger in the tan grass. Plus he acts a little embaressed when I put it on him. He looks at me as if to say "How come I gotta where this?? None of the other dogs are wearing theirs???" :D

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My pup is 11 months... I belong to Cedar Hill gun club in Sussex County.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Alot of nice land out that way .Do they stock alot of birds?I was looking for a club and I just joined the allendale gun club.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Huebert has come along nicely I see. My pup likes to play with the birds I bring home.
Jim if you don't mind and you email me the specifics on the club. I am looking to join on next year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts