New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to shoot with my fingers before i started to use a release 1.5 years ago. With my fingers my draw length was 29 inches. Since i went over to a release, should the draw length drop down? The release is a truefire wrist style i think. just wondering, sometimes it feels it might be better now to shoot 28 inches. i get the feeling like it's longer draw now.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Yes, chances are you are shooting too long of a draw length.

You're not alone, a LOT of archers have this problem.

You're about my height, and my build, so you will be closer to a 27-28" draw with a release aid.

Does your bow adjust draw length with modules or pegs? You could tinker with it till it feels just right. Draw length is the KEY to accuracy![up]

Let me know if you need me to help

:)

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that's what i thought. it just doesn't feel the same. i have an older bow. an XI Legend XRG. I might take you up on your help. I don't have a bow press or anything to do this.

You're about my height, and my build,
here we go again...you saying i'm fat again? lol j/k:D

yeah i think my bow ranges from 28" to 30".

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
here we go again...you saying i'm fat again? lol j/k
No but it sure sounds like you are saying I am![mad]
Oh yeah, I can "fix" your bow! I'll fix it REAL GOOD!LOL :D

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
lol I cant even remember what my draw lenth is. man my mind is a sieve.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Maybe if Ian invites us to hunt someone elses property,:D we can meet up tomorrow and I'll have a look at it.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think i'll take you up on this. but i should wait till end of the season. i'll need new arrows, resite in. better not to do this during the season.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Ok.

Unless you need a new bow anyway (if yours cant adjust small enough) Then you could get that whenever you are ready to put out the cash for a new bow, and start setting it up and tuning it while keeping the current bow until that one is ready. Then sell the current bow to re-coup some cash.

Of course that depends on whether or not you would want a new bow, or want to try and get smaller cams for your current bow. (You will lose some draw weight. How much depends on cam size difference, and bow design. You can replace limbs with the correct deflection as well, but that gets costly) (Its a lot of $$$ for strings, cams, limbs)

Choices, choices, and more choices......just let me know.

;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts