New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here's the story:
http://www.ijreview.com/2015/01/236..._content=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Crime

"When 62-year-old Clarence Daniels walked into a Florida Walmart on Tuesday, he couldn’t have suspected that he would barely make it past the door.Walmart video surveillance shows Daniels going into the store, but before he can get much further than the entrance, someone comes up from behind and throws him to the ground. Believing he’s definitely apprehended a bad guy, the man, who Fox 13 identified as Michael Foster, then restrains Daniels even more.
As Daniels is being held down, a few shoppers who had assumed that Foster is perhaps a hero in the making decide to help him out with the pending citizen’s arrest. They also take away Daniel’s holstered firearm that was under his shirt. Then, Foster calls 911.
In a turn of events that Foster probably didn’t expect, the authorities arrive and it’s not Daniels they’re putting in the back of the squad car – it’s him. It turns out Daniels had a concealed carry permit. In addition, during the scuffle witnesses said Daniels was yelling out that he had a license for the weapon.
Foster is being charged with one count of battery. He’s just lucky the gun didn’t discharge, because in situations like this, things could have gotten much worse."

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Fact of the matter is that people aren't used to seeing citizens carrying weapons. If he was that concerned, clearly a call to the police department to let them check with the guy was the better call.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Holy crap! My guess is the guy was a recent transplant from NJ or NY who had never seen a free citizen carrying a gun before [ko]

Fact of the matter is that people aren't used to seeing citizens carrying weapons. If he was that concerned, clearly a call to the police department to let them check with the guy was the better call.
Hardly out of the ordinary for Florida though-that's why I think the guy was either just visiting or a new resident. Either way incredibly stupid... The worst I've heard on the PFOA forums is guys open carrying getting approached either by security or cops because someone made a MWAG call.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Holy crap! My guess is the guy was a recent transplant from NJ or NY who had never seen a free citizen carrying a gun before [ko]
Haha I was just writing the same thing!

Reactions: lungbuster

·
Registered
101 Posts
In some ways, this is good.

Not that I condone attacking law abiding citizens, but the more stupid s**t the anti's do, the better it is for us. To top it off, the anti groups like MDA are doubling down on stupidity by defending this jack-ass's decision to tackle the older gentleman.

Finally, I hope Mr. Daniels is thinking about all the cool toys he can buy with the winnings from his inevitible civil suit victory.

·
Registered
101 Posts
that'll teach him to allow printing hahahah

Inadvertent printing (when getting in/out of a car, loading boxes, etc.) is not illegal in Florida from what I understand. Someone saw this guy's gun for a split second and then followed him into the store (I'm sure he felt so threatened by the gun that he just HAD to follow him...) and then jumped him at an opportune time.

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
This was Florida they should be use to it .maybe foster was from New Jersey??

·
Registered
101 Posts
100% blame of the guy with a gun!!!

If you have a CCW...then the gun better damn well be concealed!

So you condone physically assaulting anyone open carrying a gun in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, Wyoming, Colorado, etc... etc... etc..? All without ANY observation of ANY other threatening behavior, and being so concerned that you don't notify store security or the police (even though you had time to follow the victim from his car all the way into the store)?

Good plan.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
^^^^That's my first thought. Now what?? Are we going to have undercover cops, detectives and off duty guys assaulted because some moron thinks "they be packin heat!"

·
Registered
635 Posts
I guarantee there would not have been an attempt at being a hero if the guy with the CCW was a 25 year old 6'2" 250lb dude...This douche would not have given it a 2nd thought and just kept on walking.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts