New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MANASQUAN: A borough man admitted he needlessly killed a Canadian goose by shooting it with a pellet gun, officials said.

David J. Martens, 65, of Perrine Boulevard, pleaded guilty this afternoon to needlessly killing a living creature, said Victor "Buddy" Amato, chief of the Monmouth County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

On June 9, Martens was charged with firing the gun out of his window, shooting the goose, Amato said.

When he was issued the summons, Martens told authorities he was trying to scare the goose because it had been defecating on his deck, the chief said.

Today, Municipal Court Judge Mark T. Apostolou ordered Martens to pay a $1,000 fine, said Amato.

·
Registered
15,697 Posts
How about a golf ball is that legal ,was at the driving range the other night couple kids next to us one hit a ball[rofl]and all i seen was flopping for about 30sec about 200yrds out:D there were about 40 of them feeding. I told them I didnt see nothing it just fell out of the sky:D

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
and all i seen was flopping for about 30sec about 200yrds out there were about 40 of them feeding. I told them I didnt see nothing it just fell out of the sky
I love moving targets at the driving range.[hihi]

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
good i would have given a $2,000 fine what's next shooting deer because thay been defecating on his lawn

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
i see Amato is in the news again. This guy is unbelievable.

It kind of seems weird to me that this guy is charged with "needlessly killing" an animal, yet the state can gas thousands of them. I guess in that instance its "the state says it can do it so it will do it"?????

·
Registered
535 Posts
good i would have given a $2,000 fine
Id give him 10 bucks and a box of pellets. There nothing but damn rats with wings, They dont belong here shoot them all. Dont even see how a township can rule on a "wild animal" in the first place. this is fish and wildlife, federal at that. Worst case he should have been charged with shooting out of season.One shot one kill is not cruelty.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Id give him 10 bucks and a box of pellets. There nothing but damn rats with wings, They dont belong here shoot them all. Dont even see how a township can rule on a "wild animal" in the first place. this is fish and wildlife, federal at that. Worst case he should have been charged with shooting out of season.One shot one kill is not cruelty
Just do it during Season:)It is people like you that give us hunters who do the righ thing all the time a bad name

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.