New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I look like a bean bag chair with a head. I probally put on 25 lbs since I got married a year ago. I guess stopping going to the gym at about the same time has alot to do with it too. Time to get back on track. I will do what it takes but I refuse to give up my beer( at least on Sundays anyway).

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim it sucks cuase now that I'm getting a little older its just that much harder to take it off.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
I have a gym set up in my basement and I make it a point to get down there and do it every night!!!
well stay off newjerseyhunter, then you can workout...lol

I probally put on 25 lbs since I got married a year ago
Same here. i was in shape when i got married. as soon as i got married i started to put on weight. but the wife is an awesome cook!

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jr I'm in . It will help keep me motivated.

Jim I hear ya I never saw so much junk food untill I got married and aquired a couple of step kids...I never had that much crap when I was a kid.
I have a small gym In the attic.Treadmill, bench ect.. time to start using it again. I just got so bored with working out.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
woj, My wife is full blooded Italian. man can she cook.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
I'm trying to con one of my employees into working out with me but he doesn't seem too interested
yeah he spends all day with you already and you want him to spend more of his time with you? lol

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I need to Tivo all the hunting shows that are on during the day this way I can watch em while on the treadmil. keep my mind occupied. I like the weights its the damn treadmil I cant stand.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Id be in on a weight loss contest.

I used to weigh 260 most my life. Then around five years ago I got motivated and dropped down to 150 in about 6 months. I was in the best shape Id ever been in, running 10 miles a day 3 days a week. Lifting the most Id ever lifted....Unfortunately a little over a year ago, after I left my job, I got off my routine, and lost the motivation. My weight climbed back up to 240 in what seemed to be no time.:( Im currently around 225. I was working out and running up until the point I smashed my foot. Now it seems to be good enough to run on again, so I am IN!

Checking in will keep me motivated. It should keep us ALL motivated.

You know I was a better hunter when I was in better shape too. It really helps you get up the mountains and in stands without working up a sweat!
You have more energy, and sitting on my little skinny [no swearing please] on an uncomfy treestand was a lot easier to do all day. Though I did get cold a lot easier, and thats no joke. This extra meat is one hell of an insulator!:eek::D

So lets do it....organize it, and get it started. Lets keep each other motivated.[up]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Hell, Im going out to hit the weights and stepper machine right now![up]

Right after I check the other posts of course.:D

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Woj - Thanks for thinking of me and e-mailing this post link to me!!! :D

Just think of the calories you burned coming up with that thought, BIG GUY!!![smirk]

Yeah, I admit that I should get in on this contest, as 195-205 is my comfortable "working" weight, and I was down to 212, but I'm back up to 227 (the biggest I've ever been).

Working out 5 days/week (weights and cycling), as I used to before I got hurt in 1997, isn't in my near or distant future for various reasons, but I have cut back on my recent two month drinking "spurt"...

I stopped dating the pyshco bartender/last girlfriend, so I'm down to drinking one to two days a week, again, if at all.

No drinking on hunting weekends at all.

This should all should lead to a considerable weight loss, and the walking around while hunting will further lend itself to more weight loss.

I think I'll leave this contest up to you younger guys.;)

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Come on guys, you're never too old to be in good shape and better health.

I say we start a weigh in thread. Once a week on a certain day you have to give your weight, and also report if you screwed up and didnt excercise or ate really bad. Proper diet and nutrition, and an excercise program suited to your fitness level is expected from all of us, so we dont want to hear what you did right.

We dont have to compete with each other, but we have to motivate each other. Its for our own good. Being over-weight causes all sorts of serious health problems that could easily zap a few good years off your life. A few years you could spend hunting!

I'll organize it if you guys want me too.

Lets get this started. I already did my workout today, and I'll probably do another one later! Give it your ALL!!![mad][up]

·
Banned
1,192 Posts
In same boat. got married six yrs ago in great shape.
now need double d bra to support those pecks...lol.anybody looking for workout partner,wanting to get started up again.[up]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts