New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
big deal if its old news....good find! hopefully all this bear publicity gets us one step closer to dropping the hammer on one of the "dolphins"

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
old news, yes. was just pointing out it made it into a national magazine.
I agree, thanks for pointing out that it made American Hunter. It really is a shame that it's going to take a death before this state wakes up. I guess the non-hunting public thinks an adult getting attacked is 'no big deal' but when, God forbid, a child gets badly injured, or worse, killed,there will be an out cry to do something about it. Don't get me wrong, I personally have NO desire at all to shoot a bear. When the hunt was passed a couple times in the past I didn't even go, but I support the hunt 110 percent. It's just a real shame that something very bad has to happen before people are going to wake up..

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out, the only thing I got for this month was the cover and no insides. Freakin USPS!!!! [mad][mad]

·
Registered
129 Posts
All that's needed for a bear hunt is a new governor, if it understand it right now. A new governor would certainly put the power back in the hands of the experts, I would think. Christie would allow a bear hunt wouldn't he? If I was a bettin' man I'de bet the family farm that he'll be elected and the bear hunt will be on by next fall. I just wish they'de give us a lot more than six days or move the season at least a couple months earlier. Other states out west that I've been to hunt in August or September. That's the best time to see a bear anyway. They should open it to archer's in the fall. They're probably the ones that see the most of them.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From what i last heard, the current administration is under pressure from alot of grpups now to hold a bear hunt. Neither party will say boo about it right now untill after the election though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts