New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the boss is away for the next few days, I brought my already cured and marinated venison strips along with my dehydrator into work this morning. I cured them overnight with a Hot Teryoki seasoning and then doused them with a Caribbean BBQ sauce at 6am this morning. Got to work at 6:45 and put them in the dehydrator. All should be done before I am ready to leave so I will be able to put another batch in when I get home this afternoon.

Lady Bird, I should be able to find an easy way to get some to you ;)

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
I made it for the first time this weekend. Our oven has a dehydrator setting on it and it took about 8 hrs. I used the cabelas sweet and spicy jerky mix but only 2/3 of the reccomended amount. It came out very good not too salty and just enough spice. Let us know how it turns out[up]

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My butcher had given my this one to try. I've made it several times, but never do the same thing twice.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
I used the cabelas sweet and spicy jerky mix but only 2/3 of the reccomended amount.
I like that one the best too but I always add a little extra cayenne to it:D

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Lady Bird, I should be able to find an easy way to get some to you !

Ill trade you for some my dad made!

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I may have a tray consumed before it's even finished as I keep going into the other room and snitching as it's dehydrating [tasty]

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
better save me some Robin :)

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, it's done just the way I like it, but there was some serious shrinkage in the process :D [tasty] A little saltier than usual but still really really good . . .

hey, the boss is gone tomorrow too ;)

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Nice!! Sounds yummy.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have another batch in the dehydrator now that I am home, but added an oriental chili bbq sauce to this batch, and I have another gallon zip lock bag of meat to cut up and cure tonight. All in all, it'll probably last about 4 days at my house :)

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
cool stuff.

got 2lbs curing right now that i'll make tomorrow and wife has already told friends im bringing some to superbowl party on sunday so it sounds like 2lbs tomorrow, 2lbs saturday and 2lbs sunday morning.

i cut real thin so its on the dehydrator for 5 hours.

Nick

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I have the same mix going right now on elk back strap with some additional cayenne, ginger, and some cracked black pepper.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
My boss encourages it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts