New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a busted honker hunt in the am I decided to take my pops to a "honey hole" I guess. After setting up and pushin some birds off they slowly trickled back in. After an hr and a half of shooting 2 limits of mallards, a black, a surprising pintail, and a goose were in the bag. We've never seen pintails in this spot so early an with a couple weeks left hopefully one of us can get our drake pinnie. This was by far the greatest hunt I've been on with him. Hope there's many more to come.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Nice and congrats

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats! It looks like maybe pops took you out hunting though...as I see he is the one with the calls around his neck!
Mine are tucked in my waders

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Heck of a hunt! Even though he can be a huge pain and frustrates the crap out of me with the "this is how we did it back then" routine I still enjoy spending time afield with my old man and i know it means a lot to him as well. I noticed you had your go pro on as well, any decent footage of the hunt?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heck of a hunt! Even though he can be a huge pain and frustrates the crap out of me with the "this is how we did it back then" routine I still enjoy spending time afield with my old man and i know it means a lot to him as well. I noticed you had your go pro on as well, any decent footage of the hunt?
I have a few clips that once I get around to ill put up on here.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Great job man, get it while you can. My dad just got his second hip replacement. Two seasons down the drain, hoping he'll be well enough to hunt next year. Enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Go pro head strap is where it's at! We've gotten some pretty good footage so far.... Looking to get some more badass layout footage this weekend!

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
Looks like a great hunt! Congrats!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts