10,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
11,803 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
It's a good thing that the people of Maine said no. If hsus would have won there that would have just made them even crazier to move on to the next spot. This should slow them a bit.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
It's a good thing that the people of Maine said no. If hsus would have won there that would have just made them even crazier to move on to the next spot. This should slow them a bit.
This is the second time they have tried it in Maine. They aren't going to stop or slow down. They have a lot of money and their goal is to end hunting...period.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Thank God it didn't pass, but this is just the beginning. And hopefully hunters will realize, this isn't just a Maine issue. This is an issue that regardless of where the HSUS starts the right effects every single one of us.

Reactions: Ms Grit

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
The Humane Society of the United States donated 1.4 million to the campaign Mainers for Fair Bear Hunting,what a waste
Sadly, that's a drop in the bucket for them. Meanwhile the hardworking guides and people OF Maine that had to really fight this were putting in anything extra they could and it didn't even come close. It's a shame. I know a lot of our of state organizations and folks put up a good chunk of change to fight it. I was happy to see that. They needed all the help they could get.

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They aren't going to stop or slow down. They have a lot of money and their goal is to end hunting...period.

I never meant to suggest the "war" was over.

Just savoring the hard fought victory, that came at a great cost to those who have a dog in this fight, before we have to pick up arms again to battle the HSUS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.