New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out hunting off Sandhill Road in Flemington. I hear horns blowing and I turn around and look towards the road and I see this buck trying to cross, into our property. Two vehicles missed him. Now he runs right p [no swearing please] my friend who is hunting a finger of woods that juts out towards the road, he starts grunting with his mouth to stop him so he can get a shot, but the deer only slows downs and he misses him. The buck goes into the woods and pops out about 75 yards in front of me out in the field. This is when I get a look at him, he has 7 points with a drop tine on the right side. He runs back towards Sandhill Road and tries to cross the road again. Once again he almost gets hit by all the cars that are flying by. I forgot to mention this is all happening around 3:30pm. He is dodging cars left and right, jumps back into out field and heads right back towards my friend. Unfortunately on the return trip he went into the woods between him and I.
My friend told me later that buck had his tongue hanging out to the ground. Is that luck or what[up]

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
There all over the place now. I almost nailed a 8 pt sunday morning. At one point I swear to god on this I was driving right next to him for 5-10 seconds while he was deciding where to jump the metal gaurd rail. It was right across the street from the ice factory in landing.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coming back home tonight on 523 in Whitehouse this guy in a Camry nail this big Doe. He was on the side of the road on his cell, deer was laying behind his car. The whole front passenger side was destroy, antifreeze leaking all over. I wanted to help him but there was no shoulder to pull over. My friend was driving in front of me and it looked like an obstacle course driving down 523 towards 22 deer's all over the place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts