New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Red Ryder for Christmas and been playing with it in my spare time. My Wife thinks I'm nuts sitting there with my , Shooting sticks and Spotting scope. Shooting at "shoot n see" targets at 13 yds. in my basement. What a thrill when you hit something the size of a dime with a toy gun.:D Wonder how much noise my .303 would make.;)

·
Registered
612 Posts
lol That's good.. I do the same thing with the kids. My dad shot competition with handguns and did a lot of reloading. He had some heavy duty traps in the our basement. He's retired now so I got them to play with.

·
Registered
304 Posts
old red ryders are tough. i have one bought in 1949 that now has a trajectory like a thrown rock, but still shoots accurately enough to make cheap plinking fun, plus it's quiet, when that's required.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
When I was a kid ( not that I've ever grown up ), we use to light birthday candles a try to shoot the flame out without hitting the candle, using our BB guns. Great practice, except instead of saying " You'll shoot your eye out ", Mom use to say " You'll burn the house down "
:D:D:D

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
You'll shoot your eye out. Hahahahaha!!!!

I know what you mean. I have an older pump action BB gun that I bought at a garage sale in Vermont years ago. We used to shoot at soda cans, birds, squirrels... you name it. It was cheap safe fun.

David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts