New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got done checking my trail cam for this private land I was going to be hunting this year and I find there is a lot of nice bucks and does coming through right at the perfect times all during daylight. However, My excitement was short lived when I received a text from the land owner stating that his wife changed her mind and read up on hunting all over the internet and was worried about " guts everywhere that attract predators" and that I was going to shoot their dog. She also said that she didn't feel comfortable with someone being there on the weekends.

So I tried to convince him otherwise but he stated to me that he read that " hunting attracts deer to the property" and that the only way to keep deer out is to install a fence. SO he decides to install a 7ft fence around his property instead of having me hunt it to keep the deer away from his crops. I told him that I have spent a lot of time, energy, and money already to hunt this place and I was planning on it for a good portion of the season. I told him he ruined my season because my scouting time was spent there not to mention I have been setting up everything there since July. He felt generally bad and said that his wife was mad that he didn't talk to her about it enough ( maybe I should have dealt with her from the beginning ). I don't understand how because I met her and she was fine with it then????

So here I am permits wasted (just bought them yesterday of course for that zone ) , time wasted, and without a good place to hunt this year besides a couple of public places with the assholes.

I am looking to get in on some private land with a group I live in central jersey. I was thinking about falling leaf outfitters because all my time this year went to acquiring that property and networking, meeting them, etc.... to get it. My time is limited now; hence why I prepare early on.

Any recommendations would be good.

help a vet out, thanks!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Sorry about your situation. A couple years ago something similar happened to me a day before the season started. Little does that farmer's wife know that the fence will probably do nothing in protecting the crops, and because there will be more deer there will be more predation. Nature always finds a way. Good luck buddy.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Reactions: jcx4

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have plenty of public places but I liked not having to lock everything up and not having my stands, cameras stolen . I also liked that there wasn't a tree stand or a hunter in sight sometimes they set up right next to me and shoot the buttons I pass on. Not to mention I didn't have to look at the army of crossbows flooding my spots

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
So here I am permits wasted (just bought them yesterday of course for that zone ) , time wasted, and without a good place to hunt this year besides a couple of public places with the assholes.
I've met plenty of good guys on public land. The majority are good guys actually. Guys who don't have access to private property and don't trespass onto private land, they suck it up and hunt where they can. I've had run in's with plenty of scumbags on private property though. Actually, way to many scum bags in this state. Good luck with your search and hopefully you don't have to deal with too many A holes. Hopefully you find some private land so the guys on public land won't have to deal with you.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
sounds like the lady had conversations with some anti hunters and they filled her head with their typical garbage.wait until their crops get destroyed from being overrun with deer,fence or no fence.she will be screaming for someone to hunt them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
So I just got done checking my trail cam for this private land I was going to be hunting this year and I find there is a lot of nice bucks and does coming through right at the perfect times all during daylight. However, My excitement was short lived when I received a text from the land owner stating that his wife changed her mind and read up on hunting all over the internet and was worried about " guts everywhere that attract predators" and that I was going to shoot their dog. She also said that she didn't feel comfortable with someone being there on the weekends.

So I tried to convince him otherwise but he stated to me that he read that " hunting attracts deer to the property" and that the only way to keep deer out is to install a fence. SO he decides to install a 7ft fence around his property instead of having me hunt it to keep the deer away from his crops. I told him that I have spent a lot of time, energy, and money already to hunt this place and I was planning on it for a good portion of the season. I told him he ruined my season because my scouting time was spent there not to mention I have been setting up everything there since July. He felt generally bad and said that his wife was mad that he didn't talk to her about it enough ( maybe I should have dealt with her from the beginning ). I don't understand how because I met her and she was fine with it then????

I am looking to get in on some private land with a group I live in central jersey. I was thinking about falling leaf outfitters because all my time this year went to acquiring that property and networking, meeting them, etc.... to get it. My time is limited now; hence why I prepare early on.

Any recommendations would be good.

help a vet out, thanks!
Sorry to hear that really sucks especially right before the season best of luck to you. One wise a** comment just to keep the norm going on this site, you should remove your always public always with a bow signature at the bottom!!!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.