New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just found out this is my last year in Zone 2 laffeyette. The owner filed for land preservation and will be opening Horse stalls on the land he told me take as many as I can this year cause next year it will not be happening.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not sure of the rules on land preservation. But I think it is going to be Stables and fields for the horses to graze. Just sucks cause that was my last piece of private land I had 2 years ago I lost my other piece of land to builders that was in Laffeyette also behind sunrise house. I can't win everytime I get a good spot I lose it. I guess I will be spending alot of time this summer looking for land. I liked this last piece cause I could bring my kids and not have to worry about them getting shot. Anyone out there want to let someone hunt there land next year let me know I am bummed about this bad :([down]

·
Registered
577 Posts
Sorry to hear about it, but unfortunately it's happening too all of us. The land I hunt on in zone 2 has a bid on it. I hope it doesn't go through.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Land preservation means that the you can't build on the land anymore. I believe the state owns the building rights. Still huntable. Sorry for your lost on the prime deer land. It's great when you can bring your kids.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is really bothering me. I hate NJ and all the freaking people who have land that will not let anyone on it. Then they complain that there are to many deer well you know what wake up and let people hunt it. Till then I don't want to hear about anyone complaining that there are to many Deer and your nice little flowers are being eaten aw poor freaking flowers !![down] Bite Me! as you can see I am not very happy right now

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Oh man that really sucks.. I had a nice piece in Sparta a couple of years ago that I lost because one of the property owners tenants and one of her neighbor put the pressure on because of the bear hunt.. I wasnt even hunting bear!! Well That was a great piece saw a ton of deer there. I know what your going through man.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
We have lost 2 pieces in the last 15 years and had our primary property in Wantage get a 40 acre piece whacked 2 years ago.

I would ask the guy if you could at least bowhunt as I know people wiht horses dont like gunners. Worth a try...

Good luck and I feel for you.

PS
One of our places was in Layayette and is now called Dorset Farms (mcmansions). Used to be great.

·
Registered
499 Posts
i know exactly how you feel, i lost 400 acre farm where i shot the big 8 last year that i had to myself. now it's going to be houses, property was sold in jan and the new owners won't let anyone on it. i've had that place for the last 7 years [mad]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Sorry to hear it Sean. Need help killing those deer.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Something has to be done in this state. All they do is billed these freaking McMansions and the property the don't build on are poted so bad it looks like it is wrapped in a ribbon cause every tree has a no trespasing sign on it. It is BS we live in the Sh!tyest state in the country, Laws, Rules, what you can do waht you can't do it is all BS. I guess it will take me a little while to get over this. I am more pissed at the fact that I will have to go on public land and my kids who are 6 like going with me sometimes and I will not take them to public land cause all the crazies out there. It was safe for them to go on the private land and they loved it.

B

·
0 Posts
That sucks, buckfever and me lost our SPARTA property just as the season was to start back around 1997, and we saw some awsome deer there, and I mean awsome

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
This is really bothering me. I hate NJ and all the freaking people who have land that will not let anyone on it. Then they complain that there are to many deer well you know what wake up and let people hunt it.
I dont think hunting is the issues as is the liability and the sue happy people of nj. I'm sure 90% of the land owners don't have a problem with the issue of hunting, they just don't want to lose their land to a lawsuit.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
HEY guy's is only going to get better, sorry worst, as soon as the &*&*%%*) takes over in January. I'm also loosing the last piece I have in Flemington that I have been hunting for the last 10 years.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts