New Jersey Hunters banner

Lost another cam, Thanks Corzine!!!

1K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  bushden 
#1 ·
Found an active fresh scrape so I set my cam up near it and here are the last 2 pics this camera took [down]

See less See more
#4 ·
looks to be a bear to me
it is a bear. my camera is wrecked, it was ripped off the tree but the strap was still on the tree. Cam was about 20' away from the tree it was on. Has slobber and mud all over it..

#6 ·
What's the story? I have pics of bears on my camera all the time and they don't try to eat it...

Do you handle your camera with greasy hands after you ate Kentucky Fried Chicken?
Yup, always handle food then my cams, I smeared honey all over this one when I put it out [drinking]

#8 ·
It's cool, This is the first time I had a cam messed with from a bear. I had 2 damaged from people this year and one stolen last year. But this is a first. I have way to many bears in the woods here. Its becoming a real PITA now. I wish there would be a hunt.

#10 ·
I've had it both ways sometimes they rip it off the tree sometimes they leave it alone. I think the cubs tend to bother the camera more, probably out of curiosity.

I think Stuttering Jon should run a tv ad and blame Chis Christie for damaging your camera.

#17 ·
i had a bear eat a cam about 3 years ago, he tore it off the tree and stopped the piss out if it it looked like bomb went off there was pieces everywhere and the last few pic it took were of the inside of his mouth

#19 ·
I made a box for my other cam. That one didnt get touched. This was a cheap Wildview that I set up over a scrape to see what was hitting it. Unfortunately I didnt get any pics of a deer on the scrape because of the bear. But I am happy to say that something is still hitting that scrape [up]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.