New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes things just aren't fair.... Just got home from the get without one of my pals... My little boy has been fighting lymes for the past few months. We determined last night it looks like kidney failure and brought him in for another opinion. Was told he had maybe 48 hours to live if we kept in hooked up to IV and heavily medicated. I couldn't put him brought it as he fought enough on his own. We decided to put him down and I stayed by his side through out the whole process. Although it killed me to do it and be there for it, I knew he would've done it for me. Only 3.4yrs old.... So much more life to live but he certainly made it know when he was here lol. He may have been born with a kidney problem and the lymes just pushed it over the edge or maybe it was just the lymes. Who knows and no sense knowing but I will always miss he was a great friend and I'll always wish I did more with him in our short time.
Rest in Peace Rocky....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
RIP, sorry for your loss. I lost a beautiful 7 year old lab to the Lyme vaccine when it first came out, worst part we thought we were helping him and wound up killing him. That disease sucks!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Definitely not an easy one. They say time heals and that line is bull shit now but it will get easier.

·
Banned
722 Posts
Sorry for your lose! I had a pet for 18yrs that I had to put down almost 3 yrs ago to the day. One of the worst days of my life and that's saying a lot since and I've lost all grandparents and a father. Hope 2015 is better for you!

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
That just plain sucks. I'm sorry.

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Sorry to hear. I have put three dogs down in my lifetime. It comes around so quick.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts