New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been awhile since I have been to the site. A new job a few years ago has pretty much taken most of my time away from being in the woods. As things have fallen into place, the itch has really started to get to me. I just recently got back from a whitetail hunt in Ohio with some friends. While there, my friends father was talking about getting to Saskatchewan before he gets any older. So, not wasting anytime, we are going to start our preplanning now, and see if its even feasible to get something planned for next year. Which brings me here.I have searched some of the old threads on NJH referencing Saskatchewan. There is good info, most dating back to 2015. Has anybody here been there lately and can recommend an outfitter? The hunt would most likely be with rifle. Im not opposed to Alberta or British Columbia, but I think my friends father has his mind set on Sask; however if the other two regions offer good hunting at a fraction of the cost, you would be a fool to not consider them.I would appreciate any information anyone would like to offer up, positive or negative.

·
Registered
9,621 Posts
Been there 3 times and once to Manitoba. Alberta is stand hunting or spot and stalk, no bait. Saskatchewan is bait hunting pretty much. Never had so much fun as in Sask. watching those big nearly 300 pound bucks running around. My friends buck was actually 300 pounds (undressed) and mine was 275. I don't think Alberta or B.C. are going to be any cheaper, maybe more, with a quality outfitter.

·
Registered
9,621 Posts
That's a tough one, but I remember after the 3rd trip we all thought the later the better. Cold and snow make them hungry and come in. Although first crack can be good if one is regularly coming in on camera. Tough call, but I would go mid to late Nov.

·
Registered
9,621 Posts
We went to Lawson Creek Outfitters, but I noticed they don't seem to be updating there website. Had bucks around us all day there, a lot of action.

·
Registered
9,872 Posts
Rock Ridge Outfitters in Carrot River area.
Ive huntedcwith them several times and I am considering a return trip.
I like the 2nd or 3rd week of November.
Those big deer dont start moving unless its really cold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts