New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father who is going to be 70 is on a dry spell and I'm pretty sure I have him set up at a good spot on public land. The guy has 2 replaced knees and a couple of rods for a spine and nothing is gonna stop him. We are gonna hunt Fri, Sat and Mon. Sunday is my son's 4th bday.. we will be smoking venison summer sausages that day and celebrating. My dad taught me how to hunt and I remember him being so excited when I would meet him at truck after a sit.. "hear?...see?". Now that I'm grown the roles are reversed. I look forward to posting pics of his kill on this thread later this weekend. I look forward to sharing the joy of hunting and the pride of conservation with my son.. of course he already has a little bow. Happy hunting fellas. Winter bow.. my favorite.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pop had deer come in a little too late on our Friday sit. Today was so much fun. We were up at around 3 and the snow was falling. The deer were moving all afternoon. I didn't get a shot but pop was in position. It was a gentle windless snow and super quiet. He got busted but what a day to be in the woods. We'll be back out on Monday hoping to close the deal. Tonight we watch football while eating seared venison chops and clams. So good!! IMG_9532.jpg

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Don`t get much better then that, keep making those memory`s as long as you can, I am 69 now almost 70, and did not get the chance, so enjoy and be safe.

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
Damn that looks good!!! It was a very nice day to be in the woods but the damn breeze kept shifting all afternoon giving the deer the upper hand[confusedagain]

·
Registered
566 Posts
Good luck to all of you. My very best hunts are the ones I have been lucky enough to do lately with my dad and my oldest sons. Priceless.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well he didn't end up seeing one today but I did... and I broke in my new PSE Bowmadness on a doe. This is my 3rd kill of the year and what makes it even better is that dad was with me on all 3. He drives up from Brigantine every other weekend to hunt and apparently he's my lucky charm. He has some choice words for getting shown up again lol but man I couldn't ask for a better weekend. Yesterday was my sons 4th and the 3 of us watched football. I was in a pool and bet on box #15 for my son's bday (1/15) and go figure that was the winning combo for the Dallas Green Bay game.. up $250! We smoked 13lbs of venison summer sausage (backwoods blend...came out AMAZING) and also a rack of venison ribs. We wrapped a venison heart caul fat and threw it on the rotisserie too. It was.. eh... I have had heart before and I like it sliced 1/4" and seared. This morning I seared up a venison tender loin on my Himalayan salt block on the grill and we started the day off with steak and eggs. After getting home and hanging the deer, we took a knuckle steak and ran it through the meat slicer and had venison cheese steaks. We watched Florida hog hunting videos while we feasted. Great weekend. Money can't buy memories like these.. it's all about family. Here are some pics. I am happy to share this story with the NJ hunting community.
IMG_9535.jpg IMG_9536.jpg IMG_9563.jpg IMG_9568.jpg IMG_9565.jpg

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
That picture tells it all. It is really nice to see that some people still truly understand what it is all about. Way to go!!! [up][up][up]

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Congrats and keep making those memories because they are not around for a long time. I lost my dad ten years ago and miss him everyday and my grandfather passed 22 years ago both of them where important in my life and thought me slot about hunting. I wish I could have one more hunt with them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts