New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im 35 live in toms river and am dying to learn how to hunt anything. ive been over seas so i know my way around a rifle . my father used to hunt but sold all his stuff when my sister was born and never got to go with him. im hopeing to one day take my daughters out and show them the ropes as well. ill even just tag along ask questions after the hunt and clean your game if your willing to show me how to do that as well. i know the season is just about over but any kind of guidance would be awesome

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
You can do preserve hunts for Chakkar, Pheasant, ect in Buttonwood ect. I'm up North but someone down there will help you out. Welcome to the site!

PS, Stay away from NJGUNNAR!:D

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
Wish you were closer as I'd be more than happy to help, but we have some great folks on here that will live closer to you that I'm sure will step up to help you out. My dad and grandfather (and uncles) took me out in the woods small game hunting with them before I was even 4 years old, so by the time I was 10 and got my license, I was all set.

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
Good for you, J, welcome to the site. I'm up north, so the geography is not optimal but I'm sure there are plenty of guys down south who would welcome your company. As you probably know, the only "rifle" hunting allowed in NJ is muzzle loader for deer and small bore for ground hogs. are you primarily interested in firearm or open to archery as well?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im open to archery as well i just didnt have a bow at the time i was taking my education course and i have been giving ago at making bows and i do have to say the last one i made for my nephew for christmas came out very nice with a 26 inch draw and 43 lbs. And thank you all already i feel welcome here already and have confidence i will find help on here as you all sound very helping and willing to teach

·
Registered
9,748 Posts

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
I'f you're looking to learn how to deer hunt like a pro, I'm your man. Shoot me your email address and I'll do a little write up for you. You study that for a week then ill present you with a short written quiz. If you do well on my quiz, ill take you afield and we can do a practical lesson. Listen to me and you'll ve slaying be slaying mature bucks like I do in no time.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Were you stationed overseas? I will be bird hunting for the next few months if you would like walk with us and see the dog work. We hunt out near Jackson, but sorry no carrying a gun at this time.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I would suggest that your join the NJ State Federation of Sportmen's Clubs. You can join as an individual and don't have to be a club to join. Check out their web site at wwww.njsfsc.org link to the county chapters and which ever one is closest to you you can attend. They will provide you with the resource that you'll need to become a sportsman and also for your kids.
Good luck and safe hunting.

·
Registered
140 Posts
really wish I could call myself an expert but I am not. also dont got a good spot where I could show you whats going on as well haha. But there are a lot of great hunters here and many will be more than happy to show you

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'f you're looking to learn how to deer hunt like a pro, I'm your man. Shoot me your email address and I'll do a little write up for you. You study that for a week then ill present you with a short written quiz. If you do well on my quiz, ill take you afield and we can do a practical lesson. Listen to me and you'll ve slaying be slaying mature bucks like I do in no time.
I'd take him up on his offer!

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
This guy is near Toms River. I read some of the site and it sounds like a good place to start.

http://www.myhookandhoof.com/

Hi All u happy Hunters.

Now Booking 2011 Archery Hunts for 2011.
We just acquired a new Camp for this season and it has a lot to offer. It is extremely remote by N.J. Standards and puts us right in the heart of our Hunting ares with a lot more room and a great fireplace with lake front views as well.I will be updating photos in the days to come.

Dates are affable for all of October 2011 as of this date sept 8-2011 We normally do three day hunts but will book longer hunts as well.

Nov peek Rut Archery Hunts Can be Had as well, We will be Hunting Northern N.J Zones during the Rut our extended Archery Season. All Licenses and permits are purchased over the counter ,it can not get any easer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.