New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

If anyone out there happens to have leftover frozen venison, or any other game taking up space in the freezer, I'd love to take it off your hands. Doesn't matter if it's from a few seasons back--I use it to feed my dogs. I'm in the East Brunswick area and can travel anywhere.

Betsy
[email protected]

·
11,226 Posts
Venison and any game meat doesn't last too long in this house.... It's bad enough I have to send some to my sisters and other family members. As much as I loved spoiling my dog, venison was never on his menu....sorry....

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
That whole thing of needing leftover meat sounds fishy to me. Almost like someone is trying to keep track of how much meat hunters waste. Which in my house nothing is wasted and never lasts me to the next season. I would not trust it. I hope this is not true but there is to many people out there trying to stop us. [confused]

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Seasonal game lasts me two months or so.. If That guy wants game meat for his dogs then he should go hunting for groundhogs, rabbits, tree rats, musk rats, ect:.. If I have any meat and someone is out of work and can't buy food I'll help out.. But for a pet... Your on your own...

·
11,226 Posts
Well game meat is much healthier then beef and chicken so maybe the dogs are just lucky to have a nice owner who really just wants to spoil her dogs.... Either way no meat ever goes to waiste here so no left overs for the pack! Sorry!

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
I have no opinion on the intentions of this poster.

However since it is public information I will share with you guys this.

She is a real person, she does live in the East Brunswick area, and she teaches classes for Rutgers,(at least one of wich involves "The contemporary issues invoving Woman and Advertising").

I might add that it would be rare for anyone to use their personal information in a post that was ill intentioned.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Folks--

I am the original poster, and just wanted to make clear that I do not have any ulterior motives such as outing hunters for wasting meat! Lordy, are there really people out there with nothing better to do than THAT? JerseyJim is correct in presuming that I believe game to be healthier than supermarket "industrial" meat/fowl in most cases, and I do want the best for my dogs. I completely understand that most hunters find plenty of use for their game on their own tables, but was posting just in case there was anyone here who happened to have game that was too old to seem palatable for human consumption. Dogs don't mind meat that's been in the freezer a few years but some humans do. Also, I know that sometimes hunters have lots of deer on their property and wind up killing more than they can find good use for.

Thanks to all for your interest in my query. ;)

Betsy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dear MysticGuido--

That's an offer I can't refuse! I appreciate it. One problem with the leftover frozen venison I've received in the past is that there is never any organ meat included, and that's an important part of the dog's diet. If you want to send me your email address I can email you sometime when the hunting season is on and you may have "spare parts" to offer!

Betsy

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Sorry if any of the comments took offense, just have to understand the scrutney that us sportsmen are under. We try to watch our backs. Your request was out of the norm that we see on here so myself and maybe some others have to take precaution. I understand your want for natural meats and this is the same reason why I hunt as well cause I almost never eat meat from the store as it is filled with more drugs and chemicals then it is meat. If I have any left over which almost never I will get some to you. Hearts and liver are easy to come by so if you want them they are yours.;)

·
11,226 Posts
hkdonfshn nailed it right on the head. As silly as it may seem to you we constantly have to watch what we say on here. One wrong word and the anti's will twist it around and turn it into something that looks totally bad for hunters. Thats just how they work.
If your really just looking for help finding some natural food for your dogs then you won't find a nicer bunch of people then the ones on this board and should have no problem finding the help you need. Good Luck![up]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks to all for the kind messages. I'm surprised to know that "antis" find it worth their trouble to come to a site like this to har [no swearing please] you people. I'm not very well informed about the anti-hunting position, but given how grotesque the mainstream meat industry is, I just can't fathom why they don't focus on that alone if they care about animals. But I'm old enough that I shouldn't be surprised by any new examples of human silliness.

Anyhow, I will come back here when hunting season is on and see who may have some organs or other spare parts to spare! Then y'all can tell the antis who are worried about animal meat being wasted that everything but the hooves is being used for good purposes. ;)

Betsy

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
ELK,

I take it your not a hunter. Thats ok. All anti's don't care if you use eveything or not, they just feel that hunting/fishing/Trapping is wrong. I don't know how that could be. HUmans have been hunting/fishing/trapping for years... 1,000's of years. They also think if you don't hunt them they will live longer, That is far from the truth. We ( hunters ) do more for the wildlife then any anti can think of doing. Sportsman/woman give more money and time to help wildlife, Can't say that about U.S.H.S. ( Union States Human Socity ) or anyother Anti-hunting group.

Just like the Bear problem here in Jersey, the Anti's don't want us to hunt the Black Bear, but they say we should use birth control to bring down the population. Doing that will bring more Bears and would the Anti's pay for it all... NOPE, they want the DEP and Fish & Game to pay the bill for all that work...

If I or anyone else came off the wrong way with your request we are sorry. Like others have said WE (Hunters/Fisherperson/Trappers are under fire every day 24/7. I use as much of the game I hunt for to make things. Like a knife I made ( it is posted under neck knife ) pelts, buckskins, and anything else I can thing of at the time. There are somepeople that use 100% of the game they hunt.

Your a teacher right? You should know that in history, people have tried to tell others what they can and can not do. If I remember That is how the USA came about.... TEA anyone... ALso if you look in the Holy Book, it talks about hunting, and that God gaves us the animals to survive.

Hunters Helping Hunters.... What A Wonderful Thing
Hunters have also helped out non-hunters and hunters Like, Hunters helping the Hungery, Hunters & Farmers Feeding the Hungery, Make a wish foundation to name a few.

OK I'm rambeling on now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts