New Jersey Hunters banner

Looking for Input on CJ Rifle and Pistol Club

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  reggieapfd 
#1 ·
Hi....I am interested in joining Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club in Jackson, NJ

Does anyone belong to this club and have information they could share?

It looks nice from their website, but wondering how many members go there during the week and if there are long waiting times?

#2 ·
I just joined the begining of this year. I love it. If you plan on going midweek during the day you will probably be by yourself. If you go on the weekend it gets busy but there is PLENTY of range space. The indoor range is nice. If you would like to check it out I'll show you around. Just send me a PM

#3 ·
Theres about 5 (75) yard pits....shoot anything except centerfire rifles.

Theres a very big trap range. You just have to get certified to use the machines.

Theres an outdoor pistol range with target holders already in place and plenty of room.

Theres a 200 yard rifle range with plenty of benches and a 300 yard rifle range with plenty of benches. There are target holders at 50, 100, and 200 yards at the 200 yard range. There is a diagram on the website for the dimensions you need to build.

Last year they finished the brand new indoor pistol range. It looks good but i havent shot in it yet.

I've been a member for about 6 years. The place is great. Like reggie said, weekdays its usually empty. When its warm, it gets busier on the weekends.

Heres a couple pics of the 200 yard range. If you have any questions, pm me.

200 yard range. Had the place to myself.

#8 ·
I was there for the NRA match on Sunday. ALthough I am not a member there, ( I go to Cherry Ridge) they were a great bunch of guys. Very down to earth and very helpful. It was was my first Highpower match, and I had my share of problems, but the members there, and everyone in general was very helpful. John Donald who ran the match is a class A guy. If I lived closer, I would definately sign up there. You can't go wrong.

#9 ·
I am a memeber and it is a great club.

Sometimes the club type shoots get in the way of plinking. Example if they have a cowboy shoot on a Sunday they use all the pits ranges except one. Tough to find a spot.

Have heard of plans to expand the general purpose ranges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.