New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for DIY Whitetail Hunt in Ohio for the fall of 2021. I have looked around and even this early they are filling up quickly. As they say the best go first. I did find some good ones that Gene Marshall of Cost to Cost Hunts has on his web page which are great candidates. Gene know Ohio inside and out, so I will probably use his recommendations. He also had some Missouri, Iowa, and Kentucky hunts, but they are a little farther to drive. I don't want to say anything but he has some hunts out west for elk that were just a steal, with Cow Elk hunts on private land and semi-guided for only $1695. He also had bull elk fr about $1000 more. I will probably do that. Yes it is a long drive, but 3 of my buddies want to go, some for bulls, and some for cow elk.

Four of us guys driving and sleeping break things up and we have a good time hunting and traveling together. Gene said we could even break up the drive with a Turkey or Pheasant hunt along the way, so we could get out and screech our legs, If we did not want to drive Gene said we could fly out like he is this year, after driving last year. He has a easy and cheap way that we can even bring the meat back on the plain, as well as the horns.

It is good to have someone out her, that knows the ropes for hunting, and license out there. He even has an in on some low cost lodging there, and then he gets an extra 15 % DISCOUNT IN THE LODGING PRICES. He also has Colorado. Wyoming, Nebraska for Mule Deer, Whitetail, elk, Antelope and moose in 4 states to work with and guarantee licenses which are so important out there in the western states. In Nebraska the Deer license is only $225 and the hunt is only $1495 for rifle and only $1195 for Archery or muzzleloader, and every one gets a deer. You can even shoot 2 bucks on the private property that he hunts.

Gene said it is a lot easy to see and shoot everything out these because it is not like our thick conver every where. There is cover with adjacent areas that are open so you can see them along the edges. open areas and taking a 200 + yard shot is not unusual, but he has elk at twice the success rate of whet we have here for deer, His antelope are 99.9% success and the mule deer are about the same. This is on the private land he hunts. The public land out there has a success rate of only 3% so it is well worth paying the $1500 to $2500 to hunt the private land. The antelope are the cheapest hunts, and the bull elk is the highest, all free ranging, no high fence hunts. He take a trip out west either driving or flying depending on the size of his group every year, and says it is the best thing he has ever done. Now that he knows the ropes the prices he gets are a steal.
Genes web page is www.c2chunts.com

Now the question is does anyone have some better ideas, I am always open to suggestions, then I am going to book before the best ones are filled up.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I drew a blank on the website

·
Registered
913 Posts
Looking for DIY Whitetail Hunt in Ohio for the fall of 2021. I have looked around and even this early they are filling up quickly. As they say the best go first. I did find some good ones that Gene Marshall of Cost to Cost Hunts has on his web page which are great candidates. Gene know Ohio inside and out, so I will probably use his recommendations. He also had some Missouri, Iowa, and Kentucky hunts, but they are a little farther to drive. I don't want to say anything but he has some hunts out west for elk that were just a steal, with Cow Elk hunts on private land and semi-guided for only $1695. He also had bull elk fr about $1000 more. I will probably do that. Yes it is a long drive, but 3 of my buddies want to go, some for bulls, and some for cow elk.

Four of us guys driving and sleeping break things up and we have a good time hunting and traveling together. Gene said we could even break up the drive with a Turkey or Pheasant hunt along the way, so we could get out and screech our legs, If we did not want to drive Gene said we could fly out like he is this year, after driving last year. He has a easy and cheap way that we can even bring the meat back on the plain, as well as the horns.

It is good to have someone out her, that knows the ropes for hunting, and license out there. He even has an in on some low cost lodging there, and then he gets an extra 15 % DISCOUNT IN THE LODGING PRICES. He also has Colorado. Wyoming, Nebraska for Mule Deer, Whitetail, elk, Antelope and moose in 4 states to work with and guarantee licenses which are so important out there in the western states. In Nebraska the Deer license is only $225 and the hunt is only $1495 for rifle and only $1195 for Archery or muzzleloader, and every one gets a deer. You can even shoot 2 bucks on the private property that he hunts.

Gene said it is a lot easy to see and shoot everything out these because it is not like our thick conver every where. There is cover with adjacent areas that are open so you can see them along the edges. open areas and taking a 200 + yard shot is not unusual, but he has elk at twice the success rate of whet we have here for deer, His antelope are 99.9% success and the mule deer are about the same. This is on the private land he hunts. The public land out there has a success rate of only 3% so it is well worth paying the $1500 to $2500 to hunt the private land. The antelope are the cheapest hunts, and the bull elk is the highest, all free ranging, no high fence hunts. He take a trip out west either driving or flying depending on the size of his group every year, and says it is the best thing he has ever done. Now that he knows the ropes the prices he gets are a steal.
Genes web page is www.c2chunts.com
View attachment 182383

Now the question is does anyone have some better ideas, I am always open to suggestions, then I am going to book before the best ones are filled up.
Funny how he joined the the day he posted this sixth grade grammar ad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts