New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Keith. I'm 34 and been paralyzed for 11 years now (hence the name Cripple Shot).

I shoot with a converted crossbow.

I'm starting early to find folks / other hunters who'd be willing to lend a helping hand. My scouting skills are nearly shot due to the limitations my powerchair puts me at.

I'm from the Atlantic County area (zones 26-42-46) but again with my limitations I'm looking for help.

If anyone is willing or knows of any info for help please feel free to give me a shout at [email protected]

Sadly, I missed the 06 season due to no help.

Note: The zones mentioned above are the ones I hunted prior to my paralysis as well.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hey CS it's great that your getting back into the woods..I'm sure someone on here can help you, there's a bunch of good guys on here. Good Luck with everything.[up]

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I hope you're right. Sadly, I'm the only one in my family ever to try and enjoy hunting.

Now it's biting me in the rear because of it.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Cripple Shot sorry that I might be to late in giving you this message.

I found out through a member in the forum that tomorrow at the Clinton Office on West bound 173, they are going to hold an orientation and qualification for dissable hunters.

The hunt is going to take place in a Golf Course somewere in Hunterdom County. The place is loaded with deer's.

I will be up there to help in which ever way I can. Please Moderators keep this on top so Cripple Shot can see it

Tony.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tony thanks for the info. I was informed about this event last week from http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/REGIONAL/thread.cfm?threadid=136412&MESSAGES=5&state=NJ

Anyhow, I talked with Jerry and he said I'm an alternate for Saturday 2/3/07. With that being said by the time I get a call for an opening it may be to late for me. I'd actually need a call the night before so I could get dressed appropriately.

Again, thanks though.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you ever head up to the north look me up....I'll put you on some deer
Thanks for the offer. I must say...I'm greatful to you guys up north. I've had a lot of offers just wish you guys were closer.

Then again, I may have to take my first road trip and stay in a hotel.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
i would be glad to help you in any way i can. i dont hunt in any of the zones u do but if you want to hunt monmouth county public land let me know. i will do whatever i can to help. Pat

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pat,
I thank you for your offer...I'll keep you (as all others) in mind. Monmouth isn't all that far ... just a quick shot right up the GSPW.

The furthest north I ever hunted was in Warren Grove off of 539...12 years ago. Boy, they were the days.

·
Registered
17,068 Posts
Cripple Shot much luck to you and hope you get to hunt in the fall.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I 'll start checking around for anyone who can help you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts