New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 32 center with outriggers enough r gas to go 100 miles and troll of 10 hours and all the electronics I need but I have no idea what to do and I don't have the tackle. I'm looking for a guy that knows what to do and has the gear.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
try barnegatfishinhole.com a bunch of helpful people that are geared only towards fishing. good luck.

If you ever need anyone to split gas and bait once you know what you are doing Ill go. lol

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I think you should invest in a good charter on the SkyPhish.... He fishes a boat similar to yours, and I think you could learn a lot in one trip. Do not bring a GPS as that is "not cool", but as for gear, tackle, and methods - I do believe he is on today's leading edge of Jersey Tuna. You don't need numbers for his "Spots" tuna move every day you aways have to find them, and I could rattle off dozens of locations that could have them from June - October. After you do this valuable charter - you will know what to buy, so go out and get it, at least 4-6 outfits for starters... If you are serious about Tuna - you better be prepared to spend and spend some more.... There is nothing like it especially doing it on your own - but it's a serious investment in both $$$ and time... You are asking for a shortcut and I don't blame you - I think I am giving you the best advice. Go with this gentlemen who posts on here often, fish on a boat similar to yours, and avoid spending over 4 grand or more. for the big giant Canyon boats... I no longer have the gear - but did this on a 30 footer for over 10 years from 1990 to 2001 and had memories to last me a lifetime (sharks too). If I had the time, I would even accompany you as long as you have the #1 requirement which is proper safety equipment (epirb, radio, nav, and preferably life raft) and you probably have to let me drive because I am sure I lost my offshore sea legs by now but if I drive I won't puke :)

Reactions: Nanuk

·
Registered
106 Posts
also check out Offshore Fishing Forum lot of helpful guys on there. As Jack said, be prepared to spend and spend as its an expensive hobby, but the experience of going out to the ledge and fighting fish bigger than you are is amazing.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Jack gave you a wealth of info ... Go with someone , watch how they do it , ask lots of questions and Above All have the Safety Equipment . I went out with Capt .Al Ristori years ago and learned alot with a few trips ,. Haif the Fun is purchasing new equipment.
And ditto on the shared expenses !!!!
Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts