New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With everything that has happened over the past year,me having to work 2 jobs to make ends meet,work at kia being extremely slow, and the most important fact that not being able to spend much time with my son now that he need both of his parents the most,I really need to find a job that pays well enough that I can drop the other 2. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
you , me and about 10 million other people looking for a better job! wall mad
I heard welfare is hiring; the schedule is AWESOME, especially for a hunter. People are applying like crazy....

·
Registered
334 Posts
Good luck! My wife has been looking for about a year now.

In her case, the 1.5 hour (one way) commute is killing her. It was only 45 minutes to an hour, but they had to relocate after a fire 2 years ago.

With the way the economy is, she has only had a handful of interviews, and none of those jobs were willing to pay anywhere close to what she's making now. A lot of companies know that people are desperate for work, so they can find somebody to do the job for less money.

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
Self employment is a great. It's not easy but I wouldn't have it any other way. Good luck.

What do you know how to do anyway?

·
Banned
1,071 Posts
get into trucking the demand is high for truck drivers.
He said he wants to be home with his family. Truck drivers spend a lot of time on the road. Trust me, I went that route and quickly realized there isn't much home time in that career. I'm a family man myself so it didn't work out for me. I'm sure there are some jobs out there that have decent hours and you may be home every night, but most new drivers will start over the road and be home 3 days out of the month.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am an auto tech now but want to get away from the whole flat rate thing, and I really hate working on cars anymore. I would love to start my own buisness but I have no money to start one besides the fact we need insurance. If any of you that have your own buisness's can give me tips I may still try that route.

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
I really hate working on cars anymore
Then stay away from cars. [lol] Seriously though if your going to go into business you want it to be something you love doing.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I work for a forklift repair company, road work,company van,steady work and the money is great.These companys usually dont advertise but are always hiring.I've been at it for ten years and have no plans on leaving.Automotive background is all you need.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.