New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone - I'm looking for a mentor for a deer hunt. I've never been before. I'm not from a hunting family and my wife is luke-warm about this at best lol. But its something I always wanted to try out. But I'm concerned because I don't know how to field dress a deer (if I get one). My primary concern is that (although the entire experience would be new for me). I'm looking to use a shotgun.

I'm in Bergen County, so NNJ would be best, but I can travel if need be. Even if I don't actually get a deer, the knowledge imparted would be really useful, and our of respect for other hunters (and the game) I want to know how to do things correctly.

Thank you for your help.

Mike

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Glad to hear you are looking to join the brotherhood of hunting Michael! First things first as Longbow asked....have you taken the course and obtained a NJ license? Also I see you are looking to hunt shotgun. Are you or have you ever used bow or crossbow? If so, that would most likely help with locating some hunting spots. Let us know

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Everyone - I'm looking for a mentor for a deer hunt. I've never been before. I'm not from a hunting family and my wife is luke-warm about this at best lol. But its something I always wanted to try out. But I'm concerned because I don't know how to field dress a deer (if I get one). My primary concern is that (although the entire experience would be new for me). I'm looking to use a shotgun.

I'm in Bergen County, so NNJ would be best, but I can travel if need be. Even if I don't actually get a deer, the knowledge imparted would be really useful, and our of respect for other hunters (and the game) I want to know how to do things correctly.

Thank you for your help.

Mike
i also live in bergen county- email [email protected]

·
Registered
913 Posts
is hard man!
I was in on that boat... I did all the things.
Until one day, wth let's go and find out by myself (after youtube and readings)
what can I lose?
so, I was checking a good spot for my stand and ran over Frank and Markus,
we talked a lot, cool people, . Well, I found a friend and a mentor and that moment.
we share hunting time til now and help each other when in need.
Get out, Just do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts