New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am coming to you guys for help. I have been wanting to join a hunting club for a few years. Mostly for deer but if it is a deer and pheasant then that would be ever better. If any one knows of a club in northern or north west nj can you just let me know. Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Too bad you didn't find this site earlier in the year. There were a few clubs looking for members. I can't think of any for deer off the top of my head. Keep checking all the club threads. Maybe there is something there.

By the way welcome to the sight. Where are you from?

B

·
0 Posts
why is it I hear about more problems coming from private land hunters then I do from public land hunters?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I agree in south jersey
Yep, I may have to start heading down there to hunt.

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How far south? I live in Hudson County. I went hunting for pheasant in Assumpink and saw alot of deer sign. Been thinking about trying there.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I have seen a few clubs in Monmouth County and Ocean County I believe.

B

·
0 Posts
There are no deer at all in Nothern NJ on public land, hunters shot the lands all up and bears well they too moved to Southern NJ[up]

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Ringneck,

Olde Barn Gun Club is still looking for members. Long Valley is both deer and pheasant.

$700 for the year.

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TJC, I think I emailed someone about that club yesterday. Just waiting for a response. Are you a member? Do you know what the place is like?

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I keep reading that the Olde Barn Gun Club isn't going to be around next year. Is there any truth to this. If so that won't be a good idea to join.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I keep reading that the Olde Barn Gun Club isn't going to be around next year. Is there any truth to this. If so that won't be a good idea to join
Good point. However, that may be because lack of members = no money to lease land.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
From what I understand they will probably lose Long Valley which is both bird & deer. I didn't hear anything about the rest of the properties or the club in general.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
If Al from old barn doesn't lease long Valley I'm most likely starting a club there. But it will be on only part of the property because the are 3 different land owners there. I'm not interested in road frontage.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
If Al from old barn doesn't lease long Valley I'm most likely starting a club there.
If that does happen, do you have an idea on what dues would be? Would it continue to be semi wild or go commercial. I would will be interested in joining.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
3 other bird hunting properties and I believe two more for deer only.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts