New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 600acre hunting lease in NJ a mix of woods and fields, Only 16 guys total, plenty of deer and turkey, As a club we only shoot 6pt or above. We have had the farm for over 16yrs. Dues are $1700 a man, We brake it down into three payments. It looks like there might be 3-4 openings this year. This past week I have seen 10-12 different bucks running around. If anyone has intrest please CALL Me at 609-462-8896 Thanks

·
Registered
21,476 Posts
what zone ?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Maybe its just me - but.....the cost of lease prices are getting ridiculous. Take this post for example: $1700 for lease, add license and permits on top of that, then add what I call hidden cost of hunting for arbitrary supplies you need each year (ammo, broad heads, bow tune ups, hand warmers, etc. etc. oh and lets not forget bait if you use it too).

Then say you do get a good wall hanger buck and want to get it mounted add another $500 or so for shoulder mount. Butchering fees (if you don't butcher it yourself) and you are now well over $2500 for a single hunting season here in NJ. You never bought an out of state tag, booked an out of state hunt, booked lodging and meals and all the other things that go along with an out of state hunt.

Lets say this property is very productive and you shoot another wall hanger during permit bow or with the sg/ml now what---$3000 for the total cost of hunting NJ for 1 year.

This is crazy to me and I don't see the logic in this. I know there are guys on here who wouldn't think twice about dropping that type of cash, and I know there are going to be some people who are going to bash me on this but I just don't see it. I can't justify the "dues" for some of these "clubs" or "leases". Just my opinion and just venting about it.

Hey we are in a capitalistic society so if you can charge it or pay it good for you I guess...me I would never pay that much for a lease in NJ. Just sayin'!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Joe it's Steve foster and you called me about a property two years ago but you had rules such as .... nobody could sit in the same tree as me to film my hunt..... I couldn't put any bait out..... Etc. just wondering if it was same thing?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
doesn't sound like a bad price to me.. I'm already in a club Im very happy with but good luck..
also, 45 bucks an acre is on the low end of the 40-65 per acre I've been seeing..

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When I show the guys that are intrested the property I will gladly show them pic's from over the years. Im looking for a few guys, Not looking to lose my lease or have other guys jack it up buy offering more money. Hope you understand. As of right now we are almost full.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
The 1,500 acres my club leases from the scouts upstate is $5 per acre and the dues are $900 but we have a huge lodge with 20 bedrooms with all the amenities. $1,700 seems kind of high.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts