New Jersey Hunters banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOME MORE ENTRIES FOR THE SMALL GAME CONTEST.

SO FAR LIFEHOG, NJHUNTER, SXSSHOOTER, MYSTICGUIDO, DRAGTHOR, MACK, JEX99IN00, CARLOFUNK, JERSEY JIM, AND TJC ARE IN THE CONTEST.

IF YOU GO SMALL GAME HUNTING OR ARE LOOKING TO GO THIS YEAR, TRY TO ENTER BY POSTING HERE. ITS A GREAT WAY TO MEET NEW PEOPLE AND LEARN A LOT MORE THINGS ABOUT SMALL GAME HUNTING FROM YOUR TEAMMATES.

TEAMS WILL BE MADE WHEN THE AMOUNT OF PARTICIPANTS IS CERTAIN.

alright, i have composed a scoring list for the contest.

squirrel/woodchuck/crow= 1 point
chukars/quail= 2 points
pheasant/rabbit= 3 points
grouse/woodcock= 4 points (POINTS FOR THESE ANIMALS ARE 4 POINTS BECAUSE THEY ARE HARD TO FIND)

RULES: you may hunt private land, but you must only count (for points) only the amount of animals that can be taken on public land. Example: you hunt on private land and shoot 5 pheasants. you can only count 2 pheasants.

any weapon (that is legal to use for the game you are hunting) can be used. Example: you can hunt for squirrel with either muzzleloader or shotgun.

the contest starts October 3rd. Game shot before then cannot be counted. the contest also ends when pheasant/quail/rabbit season ends.

IF YOU ARE UNSATISFIED WITH THE RULES, POST ON THIS THREAD EXPLAINING YOUR REASON.

THOSE ARE THE RULES FOR THE 2005 SMALL GAME HUNTING CONTEST! IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING, PLEASE POST ON THIS THREAD! DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT IN THIS CONTEST!

THESE RULES ARE FINAL.

·
11,226 Posts
Since squirrel season is already open we could start the contest whenever we want...As the other seasons open we just have more choices of game to chase!!! I'm ready when you guy's are! If you want to wait, then we wait! If you want to start next week then so be it! Any thoughts on this?

·
11,226 Posts
I hate to be a pain in the butt Mack but can we add Crow to the 1 point animals??? If so DON"T START ANOTHER THREAD.....:D I will edit this one! ;)[up] Same thing with the start date...If it's changed I will edit this post with the new rules and times..[up]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Jim, I noticed most of the other threads got locked. I was starting to get confused with all the others.

·
11,226 Posts
They will fade away....I think the contest should start this coming Monday!!! The teams will be picked on Sunday so we will be all set! What do you guy's think??? Mack, sound good to you???
I don't want to step on Macks toes here...He has worked his butt off on this!!! It's his call!!!

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
since my dog is gone i won't be doing that much small game hunting, but i'm hoping to do alot of rabbit hunting.[up]

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
idk about starting the contest yet. i mostly pheasant hunt so whatever team im on will suffer because i wont be able to get out there until november. but if you guys want to start it you can. as for crows, we can add them and make them 1 point. and yes we can make the teams sunday.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
is anyone reading this post. i answered the questions you guys asked in an above post and nobody counter posted...so i get the silent treatment! lol . woj, do you want in on the contest?

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
woj, you want in on the contest?
nah, i won't be doing much small game hunting. since i put my dog down i don't have my heart into it. i'll stick with deer hunting the rut.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.