New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Hopatcong and I need a cord of wood. If anyone knows where I can get a Cord from please let me know. -Thanks!

·
Registered
282 Posts
sorry bout that last post. i was gonna say if you have a dump trailer or can get one, i might be able to get wood. i know a guy in roscoe who sells wood cut and split.i think he gets 125. a cord, but not really sure of the price. i will try and find out if you are interested.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I can tell you wood is going way up. I have seen a cord go for 175 now due to energy costs more people are buying wood. I always buy a truckload of log length and cut and split it myself. I usually end up with 10 cords. I have 2 wood stioves so all 10 cords gets burned. In the future buy your firewood in april may or june as it is cheaper and readily available. Buying now you will pay a lot more.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info guys. DW I have burned the wood for the past month and his allergies have been okay. I close the fireplace and it is pretty air tight and the vent on it sucks the air in I have no smoke blowing into the house. I was worried about it though so we tried it for a couple days and he was okay. Just seems to be Dogs and Peanuts that he is really allergic to.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
With al the developement going on - I dropped the ball on a lot of raodside piles from spring and summer -

I'm looking for seasoned wood myself.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
You guys know, if you go to the land owner of a wood lot or big yards and ask if you can have their downed trees... Most will let you take them....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts