New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
the guido said it. Much public land, why do you want private? Not a flame, just asking? You will do no better on private land than you will on public--if you are honest with yourself and put in the required scouting.

B

·
0 Posts
I have better luck on public land then I did on private land, I do have a honey hole of an area on public land:D

B

·
0 Posts
jerseyhunter: your not far from me at all I'm in Lodi, and told you in the past I would show you some good spots in zone ???????

·
Registered
55 Posts
It seems, in my opinion, that folks think they got something good on private, the hunt there and chase the deer on to public where everyone hammers them. I always make out on public land. It is better than my farm sometimes.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Shhh, Bohunter, we want the other guys to think that private is the way to go. :D

If you're reading this, just make a mental note that there are NO DEER ON PUBLIC LAND. Hunting private property is the ONLY way to go.

Dont feel bad for me, I will hunt the public land to leave more room for everyone else on the private lands. I will sacrifice my hunting success's for the rest of you. :p

·
11,226 Posts
I have to agree with Bo on this one.... When I was in a club we had more guy's packed onto our land then the public land had around us... I have a couple smaller private pieces to hunt but to tell you the truth the public land is just as good if not better... You have to learn how to use the other hunters to your advantage. Where they will go, what they will do and where the deer will go because of them.. I used to do the same thing in the club...I would figure out where everyone else was hunting and come up with a plan from there.... As Dragthor said...Public land in NJ ROCKS![up]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts