New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says. Im looking for a nice 20 gauge under $900

Im actually trying to find an ATI Calvary, 2 buddies I know have them and they are a really nice gun for the money

PM me with what you got !

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Franchi Instinct. You can find them for $900 (sportsmans and L&H). 7 yr warranty. Everyone that has tried mine really liked it. Light gun for all day carry. GL

Reactions: diverrk

·
Registered
570 Posts
A friend of mine has a Lanber O/U. They are made in Spain.
He said he paid $800.00
I found this ad on a Euro site but not much info around the US sites.

LANBER Lanbers reputation was built around conventional, reliable guns at affordable prices.

Alternatively, for the same money, fans of the 20-bore have the option of the Lanber 20-bore Field with lightweight aluminium alloy action body.
In a nutshell: Lanber models offer reliability with a quality finish and decoration at affordable prices.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
A friend of mine has a Lanber O/U. They are made in Spain.
He said he paid $800.00
I found this ad on a Euro site but not much info around the US sites.

LANBER Lanbers reputation was built around conventional, reliable guns at affordable prices.

Alternatively, for the same money, fans of the 20-bore have the option of the Lanber 20-bore Field with lightweight aluminium alloy action body.
In a nutshell: Lanber models offer reliability with a quality finish and decoration at affordable prices.
i have the lanber model 2087,absolutely love it.you can carry it all day and not feel like you did at the end of the day.

·
Registered
570 Posts
New gun is on hold! Xmas and wifes 50th Bday present comes first. Sure and her birthday is the week before Xmas!

Sticking with my Browning semi for now.
Wait a minuet.....your saying there are things that take priority over getting a new gun for hunting.....
I think your posting on the wrong site.
Here is the one for guys like you.
Martha Stewart | Recipes, DIY, Home Decor & Crafts

·
Registered
9,693 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Lou that's regular price, $499 for extractors 549 for ejectors. I spoke with them the other day.

Oh bite me on the Martha Stewart lol.

My wife and kids are coming first! I can't believe I just said that!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
For bird hunting, nothing beats double. The first shot is open choke and second shot is tighter choke. I never killed as many Pheasants as I did with my Browning BSS Sporter 20 ga. with I/C and Mod. chokes. I have two O/U's also. Nothing swings as good as the S/S.
I really didn't want to get rid of the BSS, but I really want a 20g. After New years, that's my resolution!

I still do good with the semi, that's what ive used for the past couple years, its just too heavy for all day carry lol

·
Registered
713 Posts
Look for a classic,L C Smith or a Parker you should find a used one in good condition for 900.00.nothing real fancy,but you couldn't build one today for the price of a good used one.
Both still have lots of life left in them. I'm currently shooting a Smith ,single barrel trap,built in 1917 still breaking targets for almost 100 years.( no problems on parts,few springs or firing pin from numrich arms ).
As a genearality smaller gauges comander higher prices,especially if gun is made on a 20 frame ,also applies to 16,and 28 gauges.
i have had some Parker reproductions (28 ga) that had cuts in the frame to make them lighter,most company's had lightweight frames,so the idea of hauling a lighter gun around is not new. A 12 gauge shooting the equivalent of a 20 gauge load will give you a gun with a lot more versatility.
If your interested in what to look for in a used sxs,let me know and I can give you a heads up on what to look for.
GunsAmerica on line check out SKB ,some interesting guns at your price point.

Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.