New Jersey Hunters banner

Looking deer organs, legs, etc or any spare parts you might not want

3K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  mpemt24 
#1 ·
Hi Hunters--

I posted here in July asking if any members had leftover frozen venison they didn't want. I am always on the lookout for wild meat of ANY sort because I feed my dogs a diet of raw meat (including organs). Meat with bones in it is VERY welcome. I got the impression from folks here that venison meat is in high demand but that parts like organs or legs might sometimes "go begging." I would be delighted to take any of these "spare parts" off your hands if you have any, or will have any. Could even trade a nice piece of homemade jewelry you can use for a gift, if that seems of interest. Please don't flame me--we've been through that already! I have nothing against hunting or hunters and I don't have any hidden motives for being on this forum. I'm just a nice person who happens to like feeding my dogs the way (I believe) nature intended, and I have a limited budget because I'm a teacher.

My best to all of you who took the time to read this!

Betsy

#2 ·
Betsy, too bad you hadnt posted earlier. I could have given you eight legs, organs, and some scrap meat.

Where are you located?

If you are close enough.....When (if) I get another deer, I will save the stuff for you.[up]

#3 ·
elk,

I've just read your thread and wished I had read it a week ago as I had gotten a deer and tossed the organs :(. I'll tell you what, if I get another this weekend or in the future, I'll let you know.

What organs are you looking for: heart, liver,...?

David

#7 ·
Thanks for all the kind replies! I am in the East Brunswick/Milltown area and am willing to travel --depending on how far for how much. Can't justify the gas to drive an hour for a pound of organs, I guess, but will be delighted to consider any offers!!

Betsy
elynnkeller@yahoo

#15 ·
mpemt24,
I'll have to check with the property owners. I'm hunting small pieces of woods next to homes and the people are a bit touchy.
I'll let you know. If they don't have a problem, I sure don't. If you can't kill a deer in some of these spots, you should hang the bow up. ;)

I'll get back to ya.

#22 ·
In response to the questions about where I am located: as I said further up there somewhere, I am in the East Brunswick/Milltown area, and can travel pretty much anywhere. But it wouldn't make sense with gas prices the way they are to travel VERY far for only a small amount.

Thanks for all the nice responses.

betsy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.