New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will soon be two hunting poodles in my home. Going to look at another standard poodle. If we don't like this one, there is another litter coming up in March.
I am looking forward to being laughed at twice as hard with two poodles in the field.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Chris I read a article on hunting Poddles they were called Red Poodles and looked like they did a good job good luck with yours

·
Registered
640 Posts
Chris,
Let them laugh, I've been out with you and see how hard Millie works and she produces birds. You have done a great job training her. I'm sure the next dog will be just as good.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those "Red" poodles I believe are from Louter Creek. Those are amazing animals. The "Reba" line has seen some serious champion quality dogs.

With that being said, mine is not nearly as talented as those. However, she finds the birds and brings em back. Couldn't ask for a better hunting buddy

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jeff. They can laugh all they want. We get birds, and I don't have to vacuum up dog hair!

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
For those young guys, poodles were THE DOG for bird hunting back in the day!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am not here to criticize, but just curious why a Poodle when there are so many other (seemingly better?) choices for hunting? Why not a Pointer or Vizla or Weimeraner or GSP? [confused]

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
Very cool Chris. Never seen one before. She looks alot like a GSP with kinky hair.

Good luck with the pup [up]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had a standard blk poodle, great w/ birds, even better hunting tree rats. got lots of laughs, but they usually shut up when I returned w/ more than the rest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts