New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found this yesterday morning 20 yards behind my house along a walking path...not picured are 4 more smaller scrapes all within 20 yards of this one....

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok Paul...YOU WIN!!! :D

hey...what's the thought on the size of a scrape? this is literally a 5 foot diameter scrape...the other 4 or 5 are smaller and look more like what I usually see in the woods...does size of scrape relect size of buck?

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
believe it or not, I have about a 70 yard wooded boundary between my development and another one that leads into a pretty big wooded area...can't hunt it though, too close to other houses...these deer are just there for entertainment :-( (although most of my neighbors wish I WOULD shoot some of them)...:D

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Get them to sign a permission slip to hunt within the 450' safety zone. If the deer are a real problem, they might do it. I have one stand in Medford that is 50yds. from a woman's house. When she rinses her dishes, I can hear the water run. But that's where the biggies are. I shot a 10 pointer last year that ran and died in a neighbors in ground pool. Now that didn't go over too well :p I had to pay a pool guy to come in and clean the pool to sooth the ruffled feathers :D
I wish I had a picture : 10 pointer floating in the pool, blood spreading throught the pool, and the neighbor jumping up and down next to the pool. Yea, it was a real KODAK moment :D

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd love to, but I'd have to get permission from 15 or 20 different people...maybe more...

OMG, I'm glad that wasn't me who had to smooth over those ruffled feathers...LOL

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what size reel do you need when you're fishing for deer?
too funny DSW...I can't imagine what some of my neighbors would do if I shot a deer and it ran and died in their pool...lets just say I'd be losing my license for quite a while...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts