New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
The homeowner, who is responsible for causing the death of three bears in this community, continues to attract them to his home. On Sunday, he threatened to have another bear killed as soon as he could arrange it. This same man has been seen running through the neighborhood with a paintball gun, aiming and shooting at bears, trespassing on private property
I wonder if this is true, cause they are accusing the homeowner who called in the bear "incident" of this. If its not true, they very well may have a lawsuit on their hands. If they posted that about me, i would surely sue them.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
I see on their site that "The smallest Bear killed by NJ Sportsmen was 37# and 9 months old"

Two things come to mind upon reading that.

I thought they were all trophy hunters?
That right there must have been some tender eating!

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
"The homeowner, who is responsible for causing the death of three bears in this community, continues to attract them to his home. "
Isnt this what their founder Kehole has been arrested for? I guess they dont practice what they preach.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
- Shooting bears—when
PEOPLE refuse to bearproof
their property—is wrong.

- The Black Bear Feeding Ban
N.J.S.A. 23:2A-14 must be
enforced. (This law includes
improper storage of anything
that attracts bears)

Ok so stop letting kehoe keep on prolonging her sentance

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Loco people with no lives and who are drinking funny Kool Aid[drinking][drinking][drinking]

Shoot Straight!

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
these people are a bunch of IDIOTS[wallmad][down]

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On July 26, a Vernon homeowner known for crying “bear”, enticed a young bear into his garage with garbage, chased him up a tree, and then called the police, claiming a “break in”.

Rather than issuing the homeowner a summons for violating 23:2A-14 and attracting bears, the police contacted Fish & Wildlife officers and shot the bear to death on the tranquil semi-rural street adjacent to Wawayanda State Park.

This is the third time the same homeowner has had a bear
killed on his property by authorities.

How do they know ??? Were they there staking out the guy's home ??? F-ing losers, making up facts after the fact when they weren't even there. Maybe the problem lies in the fact that there are JUST TOO MANY GOD DAMN BEARS !!!!

·
Registered
10,660 Posts
time for everybody to start writing op ed letters to the local paper expressing our desire for a better bear management plan that includes hunting

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
On July 26, a Vernon homeowner known for crying “bear”, enticed a young bear into his garage with garbage, chased him up a tree, and then called the police, claiming a “break in”.
I would love to see how you 'entice' a bear into your garage and then chase it out of there and into a tree. Maybe the bear just got out of the circus and that was one of his tricks.

·
Non Typical
2,265 Posts
This was in the NJ Herald this weekend. Paper says those idiots were bringing this up at the Fair as well. Papers says the guy lives next to some of these idiots and that a total of three bears were killed on his property.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
I love this quote from their website:

"• Bear cubs stay with their mother until they are two years old. Contrary to common belief, mother Black bears do not defend their cubs. Defending cubs is a Grizzly bear trait."

Are these people retarded? Are they trying to get people killed?

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
i cannot wait till there is a bear hunt, killing a bear or not, it will be a great satisfaction to watch these idiots behind police lines as hunters enter the woods!

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
"• Bear cubs stay with their mother until they are two years old. Contrary to common belief, mother Black bears do not defend their cubs. Defending cubs is a Grizzly bear trait."

Are these people retarded? Are they trying to get people killed?
Actually, that's mostly true.

What they don't tell you is when the cubs are 2 years old they are shunned away by the sow because if they are still around a male bear will kill them so it can breed the sow.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Actually, that's mostly true.
Well, it may not happen all the time, but it does happen. For them to say "Black bears do not defend their cubs" is a lie. There have been cases of people being attacked by black bears because they got in between the sow and it's cubs.

To put that lie on a page titled "Our black bears...the dolphins of the woods" makes it all that much worse. What message are they trying to convey? that there is nothing to fear from Black bears?

·
Registered
12,825 Posts
i agree turkey hunting in the water gap i had a mom with 3 cubs 50 ft away when i got up to let her know i was there "because she was walking right at me...the cubs ran up a tree and she stood on her hinds, hair on her back stuck up and she let out a lil growl

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.