New Jersey Hunters banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a hunting club in Whiting, NJ look at the amount of Deer hanging at the camp. Man they have a good amount of Deer on there land

http://www.hookandhoof.com/

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
real nice! [up]

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I would assume that the pic is from shotgun season. Looks like mostly if not all bucks.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Impresive amount of deer and the bucks look to be of decent size?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
That is just wrong.

B

·
0 Posts
well look at the picture, you will see that most of the deer are small in body, I do see a few bucks, but overall small deer. Let them kill the herd off in there area[down]

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
id have to guess its from before 1990.. you know, back when NJ didnt have all these nonsense laws and the deer had a fighting chanse..when you would see 40 + deer in every field at prime time instead of just 2 or 3 if any.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I just realized a few of their guys in the pic I graduated from HS with. whiting is right down the road from my land in lakehurst.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I mean I'm a hunter and all...but that is just an obscene amount of deer to shoot.

What a waste....then guys wanna know why they aren't seeing the same amounts of deer they saw just a few years ago.

geez

B

·
0 Posts
Catskill I agree with 100%.....Every year I tell myself to hold off for a buck, and well I never do. This year so far I am, and I really feel good about it. I'm all for the harvest of antlerless deer, but where do we draw the line and say enough is enough.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
well look at the picture, you will see that most of the deer are small in body, I do see a few bucks, but overall small deer. Let them kill the herd off in there area
Any one can kill deer when you drive them . I call that shooting deer and not hunting . I hate it when people say " You can not eat antlers " . If that is the way you think then harvest a doe and even out the herd and let the little bucks grow .

If and when NJ goes to a 7 day a week hunt I really hope they put a number on antlerless deer also . It will really hurt the deer numbers to let us keep wacking does .

Well said BHC [up]

B

·
0 Posts
To me that club is full of slobs and not hunters. Pictures like that makes REAL HUNTERS look like slobs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hook and Hoof is a legitimate hunting club. The club has been around for over 50 years. There are 50 members. We drive shotgun week in a different area each day. All of the deer are bucks. Nothing gets wasted and we all have a good time. All of the members are professionals to include police officers, lawyers, project managers, business owners... and there are no slobs.
Members also bow and black powder hunt as well as fish. We teach kids the fundamentals of hunting with safety being the primary directive. The numbers of deer are increasing every year. Why all the negativity?

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
That is impressive. But I wonder if they really manage the heard or just blast everything in range?

Drag post the bucket O' Bucks Pic I sent you.....

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
It is legal so I see no problems with it. I would hope your club takes into consideration what the heard is before and after these hunts thats all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is over kill and poor management these deer would definitely be a much nicer size in years to come if they would have some restrictions in place. Looks like a scene from an old indian movie.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Looks like a scene from an old indian movie
But that was ok if the Indians did it, THey only took what the tribe needed. All that would feed the tribe for a month.

Fishinmurph, Does Your club hunt mostly woods, or Farms? What I mean woods I mean deep woods. If your club hunts deep woods and thats you avage body size, You club should most walk. Also Was all those deer taken on 1 day hunt? and did everyone hunting get 2 bucks?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.