New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isnt a road report but I am staring at a group of five does bedded down in the woods behind my house...Boy they look like they are really taking a beating from this cold wind.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My family has hit and killed a grand total of five deer around the area drag. it gets pretty bad in the summer when the deer seem to be feeding on all the new growth on the sides of the roads.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got out the binos and took a look at one of the "does" that is bedded down behind my house...just so happens that this "doe" happens to be a sixpointer...couldnt tell with the naked eye though because of the thick stuff he's bedded up in...man these deer seem like they are never going to shed their antlers

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
illl try but i dont think i can get close enough for a good pic...i dont have much faith in my stalking abilities since im a 280lb ex -olineman

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I have new found faith in my stalking abilities and my questions concerning my photographic abilities have also been answered. I got to about 20-25 yards away undetected. Man I wish it was bow season. i need to get a digital camera with better zoom capabilities in low light conditions.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
We sure have the backyard deer here!!! I have 9 does that can be seen at anytime of the day from my deck. 1st day of buckshot 3 bucks 2 sixs & a 10 spent the day in my yard.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can usually count on seeing deer in the woods behind my house and they certainly pack it into the neighborhood when the gun season starts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts