New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering who locked-in there home heating oil prices for the season? I almost did it a few years back, but since have just gone with the flow and chose the company with the lowest price. By the way, if you're a senior, when ordering your oil ALWAYS ask for the senior discount. And according to the latest oil market the prices are plunging and at a record pace.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I'll be getting 500 or so gallons delivered for the cash price of $2.65.....usually fill the tanks when demand is low (off season) but these low prices are too tempting not to fill em up. Who knows when Putin will cry Uncle and they will reset commodity prices back to normal market levels.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
When you lock in at say 3.00 a gallon, and the price drops to 2.75 you get charged that or does it benefit both sides if the price goes up and down throughout the season? I was watching the news and they said heating oil is expected to go down another .75 a gallon.

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
I locked in at 3.85 gal.,but was charged 3.72 on the first delivery-should be less next month.
They're robbing you. I paid $2.73 last week.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
We are selling for 2.59 now and looking to go down more. Just watching the market on monday to see what happens.

I know we had this conversation back in september when somebody was looking to lock in on here. I forget the thread but I hope they didn't lock like we told them not too. In the long run - locking in 5-7 years in a row you will always lose money. You might pick one or two good years and make out - but the other 5 will be mistakes. Kinda like gambling.

When they tell you - you will never pay more than this price, but if the market goes down we will give you a lower price - it is almost ALWAYS not as low as the market is selling for. Your still gonna be paying more than you should.

Hell back in september we were still way below $3.72 a gallon. I think we were around $3.20 or so. So you locked in at $3.85, a high rate.

Buy at current rates if you can.

Unless russia sneezes - or the middle east - I think we are gearing up to start to head toward $1.99 early in 2015

1 - 6 of 6 Posts