New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL

Fritzges said she will be walking on public trails to look for and protect the bears she can see, by leading them to safety.
Local activist calls hunt a massacre
MELISSA KADISH , Staff Writer

An animal activist from East Windsor was among several who risked life and limb yesterday trying to tend to wounded bears out in the wild.
Terry Fritzges, a animal rights advocate, said that the hunt "is a massacre. It’s a slaughter of innocent life."

She said that the hunt is just a trophy hunt, and she wants to do whatever she possibly can to help the bears.

"I’m not worried about my life at all," Fritzges said, "bears do not attack people."

She said the hunters are what she fears.

Angie Metler, of Highland Lakes, and director of the New Jersey Animal Rights Alliance, said bears are the gentlest creatures.

"Bears are like big chipmunks," she said. "They love to forage and eat and are considered omnivores."

Metler said that the organization, and herself directly, receive a lot of hate mail and death threats.

Fritzges said she will be walking on public trails to look for and protect the bears she can see, by leading them to safety.

"Most of the bears we are able to treat are called in from people who have them in their yards or find them in difference places," she said.

Fritzges will be going back and forth all week to continue to help in the effort to protect the bears.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
"Bears are like big chipmunks,"
what a dope!

"They love to forage and eat and are considered omnivores."
So are wild boar, but you wouldn't want hand feed one of them!

·
Registered
751 Posts
When this is all over - I want verifiable stats on how many animals they "helped". It would be interesting to find out how many bears were shot and not recovered by the hunter but somehow were recovered by these people. Something tells me there will be "several" stories of wounded bears (probably cubs) that were left to die in the cold woods by hunters.

This is so idiotic I almost feel bad for them. Except I realize the difference between their - let's help the bears "message" and their real intention of interfering with people who are hunting with the ultimate goal to eliminate hunting completely.

It frosts me when I see people physically imposing their beliefs on others. Protest (legally), lobby, debate - all you want. Physically try to impair someone's ability to legally pursue their interests - that's so over the top it makes me furious. I don't care what the issue is.

Leading them to safety? LOL.

Mr Bear - there are evil people in the woods looking to hurt you. Quickly, follow me to a top secret hideout we have set up for you and your friends. There will be some food and warm blankets there and PETA lawyers to discuss your case and represent you.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
OFFICIAL INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO LEAD A BEAR TO SAFETY

by Terry Fritzges and Angie Mettler

STEP ONE

Locate the bear. The bear might be sleeping, or more likely, he has been wounded by a cruel hunter. To see which, proceed to STEP TWO.

STEP TWO

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I'm waiting for Step 3!:D

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
"Leading the bear to safety"? What a crock of you know what. How are you going to lead the bears to safety. Let me guess, you are going to dangle a large chocolate doughnut in front of their face and hope they follow. In doing this you will condition the bears to see humans as a means of getting food. Idiots. "Most of the bears that they are able to treat"? Like bgood said, I want to see some evidence that these people treated any wounded bears. unbelieveable!!!!

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Step 4:

·
Registered
388 Posts
ANOTHER serious question I have about "helping wounded bears..." Say one of these nutbars acutally FINDS a bear that has been shot by a hunter. WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY GOING TO DO???? The things been shot in the heart/lungs/liver (most likely) and is beyond any help. Even if its a poor shot, what are they doing, putting neosporin and bandaids on the bear? Giving it bear morphine? Its so very frustrating.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts